3 Dog Will NOT Be Back!

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by Hyperion, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

I heard this on the Mr. Matty Plays You-tube channel. I honestly do not care, I usually played with the radio off, and 3 Dogs character was much more suited for a DC setting. (I'm from there, I know alright).

You could do some pretty funny, creative things with a New Englander radio-host who still has a tinge of the accent, and complains that refs are always trying to screw over the Celtics...oh wait. They should have an NPC voiced by Tom Brady.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't care too much as well. I play with radio on from time to time but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it.

3. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

People would boycott Fallout 4 if Tom Brady voiced a major-minor character in the game.

4. troutski

Regular

I mean, people would riot in the streets and burn down Bethesda's offices, or at least that's what you'd think was happening in real life.

5. troutski

Regular

Also, I couldn't care less about 3 Dog, to be honest.

6. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh damn and I thought he had hinted he would be back on his twitter awhile back oh well it was a nice little touch but not exactly necessary to the core game.

7. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Awh, that's a shame. I really enjoyed listening to 3 dog. Oh well, I just have to get onto new Vegas if I miss it that much.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Oh, well that sucks. I don't really mind to much though. I used to play with the radio off and my own music on, so.

9. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

He did hint on Twitter he would be back, but apparently Bethesda was leading him on. I do hope they have a lot of sports related area and weapons in the game though. New Englanders are crazy about their sports.

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

You know what? That's actually good. It's better if they make new characters that become memorable in their own game. So we get new stuff, and hopefully better.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is a big circlejerk going on right now about this but people tend to forget what you said. 3 Dog wasn't that special, maybe if they add something new to the game it would make it more interesting.

12. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm kinda disappointed, but it isn't going to stop me from buying the game. I will be annoyed if they get someone that sounds worse than him since I do like to play the radio when I'm running around the wasteland.

13. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a shame but it also won't make too much a difference to me.

14. Jessica Pipgrl

Jessica Pipgrl Active Member

I won't miss 3 Dog. I think this may have been a good decision. Fallout 4 should be familiar enough for us to fall in love with it, but different enough to make it novel and exciting. I am sure we will get to know new characters that will be even more exciting than 3 Dog.

15. Freddymac1

Freddymac1 Member

I hated 3Dog. It felt like a try-hard move, some appealing to frat-boys type stuff. Wouldn't stop me playing, but I avoided hearing him.

16. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I loved 3 Dog. He was really funny, and I loved listening to him rant throughout the game. But it makes sense that they did not implement him in Fallout 4. I don`t think he would have moved to Boston.

17. LCastle

LCastle Member

That's too bad. Maybe that's just a misinformation campaign? I know that's not Bethesda's thing, but I'm kinda in denial here. I'd love to hear a classic radio host alongside a brand new one. Who knows, maybe Three Dog got better broadcasting equipment and is broadcasting all over the US wasteland.

18. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe they will bring in another charismatic radio broadcaster like 3 Dog. Would be a cool thing as well, because listening to that guy and then finally meeting him face to face was one of the best things in Fallout 3.

19. Nuka-Cola Girl

Nuka-Cola Girl Active Member

I rarely listened to the radio in FO3. Is it mostly talking about bleak, depressing stuff with music added to the mix or are there Easter Eggs too?

I'll have to check out the radio for Fallout 4. And Fallout 3 whenever I get around to playing it again. :D

20. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The radio in FO3 is entertaining, sometimes funny. I haven't used it much but it's not really that depressing.