1 vs 1 Tournaments?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by Persian, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

Think anything like this will be possible in GW2? I read you can have "custom" games, but to what degree?

2. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

I imagine it could be, but it may not be balanced. Most likely they will balance with teams in mind.

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yup. It'll likely be similar to WoW regards to balance when it comes to 1 v 1. We just won't know till we actually play the game. GW1 Wasn't balanced 1 v 1 either.

4. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

lol battles in GW1 could be never ending if it comes down to 1 v 1

5. Kouryuu

Kouryuu New Member

From what I hear I think 1v1 tourney's will be possible, the game doesnt play like many mmo's as we know and in 5v5 mode with 3 capture points im sure lots of 1v1 situations will occur.

You can make custom games anywhere from 1v1 to 10v10.

I really hope 1v1 is a valid format, I'd like to come across good players and have a chance to 1v1 them to improve and not seem like one has the hard counter to another. I am pretty sure there are no builds that could completely counter another and even if there are most skills have short durations and long cd's so you could most like still win by playing smart.

I think 1v1 wont be the ultimate test of skill but I think it will be a good test as im sure you will encounter situations where your on your own and will have to hold out until an ally can help.

Whatever the case I'm hoping that 1v1 is relevant as I'm going solo until top guilds get established.

1 person likes this.
  6. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Yes there will be 1 v 1 for custom games, but i am very curious if it will be balanced or not, or why would they allow it? Balancing group pvp and 1 v 1 pvp are entirely two different things, does this mean they intend to balance both? Or will 1 v 1 be purely for fun. Either way i am looking forward to the custom games very much.

7. Kouryuu

Kouryuu New Member

True, on the surface it doesnt seem all that hard to balance, all professions have a wide range of roles they can fill and are meant to be self sufficient, unlike in traditional mmo's its hard as hell to balance because if a healer is killable 1v1 then he'll be instagibbed in a group fight and other classes dont tend to have self healing.

I dunno, we can only speculate ^^

8. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

man i hate healers who don't die, you spend like 30 minutes trying to get them below 30% and they just keep shooting back up. if this happens in gw2 im going to suicide on the spot

9. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

A lot of games allow you to have 1 v 1 but they aren't balanced towards.