Саn thе АI Plеаsе Stоp Piсking Tаlеnts fоr yоu?

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by WilliamV, Apr 30, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV Member
    Regular

It is rеаlly аnnоying whеn yоu lоsе соnnесtiоn fоr а fеw minutеs аnd thе gаmе is prасtiсаlly lоst bесаusе thе АI piсkеd thе wrоng tаlеnt fоr yоu...

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game is not lost, though there are some talents which are more or less necessary in order to play well. But the AI does have to pick talents, because if it doesn't then the team with the AI on it will be even more handicapped.

3. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

The AI should honestly stop playing altogether, more often than not it harms your team's performance. They should simply enable an option where you can choose what happens once you disconnect, that will give them a better idea of what is 'right' according to people.

4. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you're not going to reconnect for say, 5 minutes, I think the AI should start picking talents, else it becomes even more useless than usual!

5. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would be fine with the AI not picking talents. Although sometimes you just have to go with it. The game is far from lost if you can get going.

6. crimsonghost747

Regular

Everyone would choose "do not pick skills" so they could pick themselves later. And in that case the team with a player who disconnects would be severely handicapped by having one hero without any talents...

If you disappear for a few minutes then I think it's your own bad if you have the wrong talent. I dont see why your team should suffer more than they already have because of your actions.

7. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I also think it would be worse if the AI doesn't choose a talent for you. But I think the best solution would be that the AI chooses the most used talent for that specific hero. This way, it's more fair and it can balance the game out instead of choosing a random talent that isn't going to he helpful for that hero.

There were times that I was disconnected as well, just because my internet can get laggy at times. And even though the talent given to me by the AI was not a good one, I still try and make it work. I think that's part of the challenge anyway.

8. crimsonghost747

Regular

Is it completely random now? I know the few times that I've disconnected so that the AI has picked a talent it hasn't been a complete mess, at least they have picked one of the useful ones in most cases. :D

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, it can get very frustrating but I canal so see how it's necessary. Perhaps a compromise would be a good solution. There's still a few things like this that could use some correction and hopefully they are listening to fans a

10. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

I don't think it's random, they improved it somewhat recently. It's still not great but it should work a lot better than before.

On a side note I have a much bigger issue with the time it takes to reconnect. The loss of a talent pick, unless at level 10, is much more forgiving than the time it takes to reconnect.

11. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, this is definitely annoying. Like I'm happy that my character isn't just sitting at base doing nothing when I DC, but it picking my talents for me...

I've seen a few ideas thrown around, and one which sounds good to me is that before a match you can pick the talents that you want to take, meaning that if you DC the AI would choose those talents instead. Sort of liked a saved build that helps you remember what to pick, and also serves as a contingency for DCs.

12. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I really disagree with the opinion that your team would be better off without an AI running the hero. Even if the AI is horrible, they are still doing something. And not having all available talents would make them worse.

I think if you get DC´d, you just have to accept that when you get back, you are going to have a non-optimized game for the rest of that game, but the developers have to assume you are not coming back, and their priority is to minimize the disadvantage your team has by being down a player.

There is no perfect solution, but I think the devs are right on this issue.

13. crimsonghost747

Regular

This! Sometimes I waste more time catching up to the server than I do waiting to reconnect. It can be horrible!

14. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

Yeah it's ridiculous. I really hope it will be improved in the near future. I don't often disconnect but I do get the occasional blue screen. My PC is back up and running well within a minute (got to love SSDs) but the reconnecting process just takes forever. By the time you get back in you just hope all has not been lost and someone has pinged you so that you follow them around and not die over and over again. The AI feature may be nice but if nobody from your own team watches out for you, you will make for an easy target and you may end up feeding the enemy team as an NPC.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is nothing than waiting during the down time to see where you are in the game. The boot up isn't an issue, but reconnecting can take an eternity. It's the worse hoping your AI isn't just completely ruining the game.