According to a report by Gamespot, Blizzard has started investigating the console issues plaguing Diablo III after the launch of the game’s 2.4 update. The new update provided a new area and changes to seasonal characters for the game. However, it’s also caused a litany of performance issues for players on the console versions. These issues include frame rate drops and button lag. Blizzard has taken fan complaints into account, so they are no looking into what has happened with the update glitches.
Blizzard community manager Andrew Kauz responded to a player reporting issues on the official Diablo III forums with the upload of the 2.4 patch. According to Kauz, Blizzard has not been able to replicate the issues that players are currently having. As a result, Blizzard and Kauz are asking players to post more information on the forums to help them find the exact issues in order to fix them.
Players can report the following information to the Diablo III forums:
- Platform (Xbox One or PS4)
- Region (US, Europe, etc)
- Character Class
- Skills used
- Are you playing solo or party? If party, with how many other players?
- Do you notice this at specific in-game locations?
- For those experiencing menu issues, what menus?
- Description of performance issues. Is framerate dropping constant? Do you notice it sometimes more than others? Do you notice it when performing certain tasks?
Is there any other information you think could be relevant?
- How much free space is available on your system?
Brandy Camel, the associate community manager for Diablo III, later chimed in on the forums with a suggestion for the problem. Camel stated that the amount of remaining storage on the consoles could be the cause of the performance issues. As a result, Camel suggested players share how much free space is left on their systems.
Diablo III is currently available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows PC and OS X.