Bethesda Softworks has released the beta version for Fallout 4’s new Survival Mode for Windows PIC via Steam. Players can access the new, more difficult gameplay mode on Steam by opting in for the beta. More instructions are available at this link.
The new features and fixes for the Fallout 4 1.5 Survival Beta are available below (Courtesy of Bethesda). With Survival mode, fast travel is now disabled, and the game will only save when players sleep. Enemies are more lethal and so much more.
We’re excited to announce that overhauled Survival Difficulty is now available for beta testing on Steam. This update will be available on consoles next month. Also, there are additional fix notes related to this update. The beta includes:
New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Survival difficulty characters are not backward compatible with the 1.4 version of Fallout 4. If you opt out of the Beta, do not use Survival character saved games.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
How to access the Survival Beta
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Survival Beta Update
- Select OK
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library
Fallout 4 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.