Bethesda Softworks has announced that the Fallout 4 update 1.5 is now public for all game users on Steam. In addition, console players should be getting access to the latest update next week.
The 1.5 patch for Fallout 4 includes the difficult Survival Mode, which features a number of new changes based on feedback from the beta test. As previously reported, the Creation Kit and Bethesda Mods are in open beta for the PC version. The plan is to bring Mods available for the Xbox One version in May, with the beta test, and for PlayStation 4 around June. Here are the full 1.5 Steam Update (1.5.57) notes (Courtesy of Bethesda):
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Fallout 4 is available now for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.