505 Games and N-Fusion Interactive officially announced today the upcoming release for the new RPG Ember, a new RPG that’s a spiritual successor and homage to games such as Baldur’s Gate and Diablo. Ember will hit Windows PC via Steam on September 7 for the price of $9.99.
Ember was developed on a proprietary 3D game engine by N-Fusion Interactive, and is designed to pay homage to classic role-playing games. The story is set int he world of Domus, which is on the brink of collapse after a primordial race of druids called the Lightbringers take the world out of constant darkness using fallen stars called Embers. After a raging war for Ember sets off with a single Lightbringer holding the destiny of the world in his hands. 505 Games promises that the game features a deep, branching story with over 20 hours of epic adventures to experience.
Gamers take the role of a Lightbringer to explore dynamic, living and handcrafted environments in order to improve their abilities with a skill tree of 65 abilities to use. Here are some of the other key features of the game:
- Over 70 unique quests with diverse gameplay per quest, allowing players to choose their own resolution;
- An engaging party-based real time combat system with tactical pause enabled for strategy-minded players
- Prodigious storytelling with the Lightbringer’s companions with their own tales, lore, adventure and humor to experience in Domus;
- A seamless world with over 20 handcrafted environments and dark dungeons that are fully interactive and feature moveable objects, weather changes and day / night cycles.
- Hundreds of NPCs with their own daily schedules and tales to tell;
- An In-depth Crafting System that lets players create a number of useful items from baking bread to forging magical weapons from more than 150 recipes.
Speaking on the release, N-Fusion Interactive CEO Jeff Birns stated: “It’s been exhilarating to see how much Ember has grown in the ten years since we began conceptualizing the title, especially as the gaming landscape has shifted away from these type of RPGs with some exceptions. In what started as a love letter to classic RPGs like Baldur’s Gate, Diablo and Ultima turned into a passion project by our team and it’s thanks to 505 Games that allowed us this opportunity to realize our vision.”
Ember is due out on September 7 on Windows PC via Steam. You can also check out a group of new screenshots for the game below: