Bethesda Softworks unveiled the official gameplay reveal trailer for Dishonored 2 at last night’s Bethesda E3 2016 briefing. You can check out the new video in the player below. The new video showcases the first look at actual gameplay for the upcoming sequel along with a look at the game’s deep story and narrative. Arkane revealed that the game was built using the new Void Engine.
Arkane Studios developed the sequel, that allows players to take the role of Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector and her father, Corvo Attano. The gameplay focuses on stealth, but players can also mix up a brutal combat system. The story responds to player choices, which can lead to intriguing outcomes. In a change from Dishonored, the protagonists for the game, both Emily and Corvo, will both be fully voiced this time around.
Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the last game. The Lord Regent has been vanquished, and the Rat Plague has become a piece of history. However, an usurper has seized Emily Kaldwin’s throne. The fate of the Isles now hangs in the balance. Emily or Corvo are both playable characters in the game, and they will travel the streets of Dunwall and Karnaca, a new coastal city designed for the game. According to Arkane Studios, Karnaca was designed to have a whole history, and in the architecture you can see layers of history from ruins to evidence of flood damage. Here are some other key features for the game:
- The Assassins As fully voiced characters, Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano now bring their own perspectives and emotional responses to the world and story. Use each character’s set of powers, gadgets and uniquely-tuned weapons in creative ways as you explore the world – whether you fight your way through the city streets or sneak across the rooftops – and which enemies you decide to eliminate or spare.
- Supernatural Powers Advanced bonecharm crafting and all-new upgrade trees allow you to customize your powers in vastly different ways. Become a living shadow to silently stalk your targets, link enemies so they share a common fate, or mesmerize your foes and dominate their minds. Choose from nearly infinite combinations of violence, nonlethal combat, powers and weapons to accomplish your objectives.
- Imaginative World From the grimy, rat-infested streets of Dunwall to the lush, exotic coasts of a decaying Karnaca, immerse yourself in stylized locales created by Arkane’s premiere art and narrative teams. The world is a character in its own right, rich with story, architecture and eclectic characters. It is also punctuated by signature mission locations, such as the Dust District, ravaged by dust storms and warring factions, and a madman’s mansion made of shifting walls, deadly traps and clockwork soldiers.
- Challenge Customize your gameplay options and difficulty settings for an even more tailored adventure. You can make the experience more challenging (or easier) by changing myriad parameters related to stealth, movement and combat.
- The Void Engine Dishonored 2 is beautifully brought to life with the new Void Engine, a leap forward in rendering technology, built from id Tech and highly-customized by Arkane Studios. Designed to support world-class art direction and take full advantage of the powerful hardware this generation has to offer, the Void Engine allows for significant advances to all game systems, including responsive stealth and combat Artificial Intelligence, lighting and graphical rendering, impressively dense urban environments, and story presentation.
Dishonored 2 is scheduled for a November 11 release. It will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. You can also check out some new screenshots in the gallery below. Click on the thumbnails to see the full-size images.