Focus Home Entertainment released an extended gameplay video this week for the upcoming sci-fi action RPG The Surge. You can check out the new gameplay video in the player below. What’s special about this video is that it also has developer commentary with Dec13 Game Designer Adam Hetenyi.
The video takes players through a look at CREO’s industrial RND complex, the Abandoned Laboratories. Players in the game have to fight their way through CREO’s facility and salvage parts from combat which can be equipped to an exoskeleton suit. The suit has a limb-targeting system to cut off parts of enemy robots that can then be equipped or crafted.
So far, the gameplay is looking very promising, and the game looks very high end. Hopefully, it turns out to be a strong final product. The Surge arrives in May 2017. The game will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. Here are some of the game’s key features:
- Tight, visceral hardcore action RPG combat with make-shift industrial weapons
- A unique dismemberment and upgrade system utilizing cybernetic implants
- Fight in a dystopian world full of mystery and learn about the events surrounding The Surge
- Battle an array of huge industrial bosses
- Craft, upgrade, and build new weapons with loot and blueprints