Your Impressions

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Rilence, May 14, 2013.

1. Chimera Knight

Chimera Knight Well-Known Member

Finished the game now and my previous statements still stand, however, I do think the game is good, more of a lateral move compared to 2033.

My biggest problems with it are the AI and the pacing.

The enemies are just plain dumb, I think 4A did this intentionally because people complained about stealth being difficult in the first game. I can see no other reason for it.

As for the pacing, the first 1/3 of the game is way too slow and prodding, the middle third is hit or miss, and the final portion finally picks up the pace and pieces everything together and feels more like what was established in 2033.

I feel like the game could have benefitted from some things being cut to tighten the flow of the game. Certain sections feel like filler and the game drags on for too long because of it.

Also, I encountered the same glitch probably a half dozen times during the playthrough. It looks like Artyom gets stuck in the run animation and it disables almost every action that can be performed ie. aiming, shooting, using items. The only way I could fix the issue was reloading the last checkpoint.

Another glitch, on 360, was even though I completed the game in Ranger mode the achievement didn't unlock. Never had a game do that before.

#21 Chimera Knight, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  2. Sharkey

Sharkey Well-Known Member

Beat the game today on Original Hardcore, and my god this game turned out to be greater than I anticipated! Definitely play Hardcore for your first run through if you can, it was absolutely perfect after my distaste of Ranger Normal. Running through Ranger Hardcore and really enjoying it, but yeah I have WAY more MGR in this mode than normal Hardcore, rather silly, but I do have less actual gun ammo to use. Currently attempting it in hopes of getting Shadow Ranger and Good Ending this time.

Despite my early disappointing impressions of the game, I can safely say the game overall outdoes Metro 2033 for me, though 2033 is still my preferred for 'survival horror/action'. =D

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

cough* lets do a mod to fuse the two and stlaker when the sdk is out* cough

4. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

The AI was SO much better this game. Stealth is now an option. Love how much you can customize your guns. THE ENDING MAN THE ENDING! I didn't see that coming. Though I have to admit it was kinda funny how we all guessed what the prisoner was and we were right!

And Khan doesn't sound as wise as he was.

Uhlman only shows up for 3 seconds in the start of the game WTF!!!!

I love how Miller has changed. You can see the stress of leading the Order has gotten to him. His hair is now gray, his voice is deeper, he has scars.

Sex with Anna? YES PLEASE!

5. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

half way through. I'll let you now my opinion when I finish. however, there is something I really don't like....hit markers??? and huge icons to indicate pick ups/usable items??? please give me back the ones from 2033, and the hud and the weapons slot system any time!

6. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Im.... pretty far in. Started on Ranger Hardcore, am still playing on ranger hardcore, and the stealth is pretty difficult imo. One wrong step and you're fucked. Or you can stay in a dark corner and wait until they give up searching :D
    Also: PAVELS FRIGGIN HAT. KEEP IT ON, OR DONT HAVE IT AT ALL. >:c
    (anyone else noticed his hat disappeared on like the end of every chapter with him, and he got it back the next? xD)

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Played it twice, first time in Ranger (so no ammo count, no 'pick-up' icon wtf), second on just hardcore. Both were relatively challenging, and the second playthrough without the messed up Ranger mode was good. But.. it's not the same.. it's just not the same as Metro 2033. :(

8. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I don't think you put enough emphasis on the word "relatively" in your second sentence... Brother, I didn't find the game challenging in the least - especially when put side-by-side with 2033. I also played the game twice, both times on regular hardcore, and got both endings. I don't know, it just didn't feel the way I wanted it to. I agree with you wholeheartedly - it's just not the same.