Quantcast

Your Favourite Moment in any of the Mass Effects? (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by jcannon, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jcannon

jcannon Member

What was your favourite moment in any of the Mass Effect games? Or you least favourite?

And if any of you say "that time I got it on with Liara", I'm going to be sooo angry! ;)

I think my most memorable moment was the shooting of Wrex. I was on my second playthrough, and I always try to make different choices the second time around, and I'd let him live previously. It felt so wrong; he was my favourite character. I am pretty sure I teared up. I still have a portait of him on my mantle.

Another really memorable moment was of course when I realized the Shepard was doing her whole, "Hi I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel." FOR EVERY STORE I VISITED. That was so great.

Worst moment... hmm... anything with Ashley in it. Hahahah.

2. Scurventery

Scurventery Member

It has to be the cut scene in Mass Effect 3 with Shepard and Garrus hanging out at the top of the Citadel, sniping cans and just generally being pals. It was such a warm, genuine scene, and a nice breath of fresh air before diving back into the tension and stress of the finale.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Saying goodbye to tali before getting teleported up the citadel. I CRIED LIKE A BABY.

4. huckfinn

huckfinn Active Member

My favourite moment from the Mass Effect games is probably the beginning of Mass Effect 2. Trying to make it to the bridge of the Normandy and then looking up to see the hull of the ship completely destroyed was pretty amazing, and a great way to start off the game. I think they kind of tried to recreate that same feeling with the start of Mass Effect 3 with the attack on Earth, but I think it kind of fell flat to be honest.

Another highlight was the attack on the citadel at the end of the first Mass Effect, I thought everything from using the Conduit up until the end of the game was fantastic.

5. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

Well I have to be honest, my favourite moment was when I nailed Jack, and she started to cry like a baby, oh that was priceless...

6. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

When Shepperd Nailed jack of course, my favourite part hardi har har!!!

7. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

Seeing anyone die in this game is painful because of how much development goes to each character. The most painful for me would probably be Mordin's. I'll miss that bumbling alien. :(

8. Lolman112

Lolman112 Well-Known Member

My favorite moment was the moment I discovered that that Miranda was done by Yvonne Strahovski. Didn't notice it at first, but when I looked it up my mind was blown really much. I watched the Chuck series a month ago before I started playing Mass Effect 2.

For anybody who doesn't get it: Yvonne Strahovski plays one of the main characters in the series, only with blonde hair.

9. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

Oh you naughty you.

IMO Jack... Jack wanted it.

10. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I'd have to admit, I'm a fangirl for romance scene. I can read smut and not be fazed, but when it comes to romance scenes, hugs and kisses, I blushed and giggle like a little schoolgirl; especially when it comes to a certain Archangel! ;)

Maeve likes this.
  11. Maeve

Maeve Member

My favorite moment (and you'll think I'm a bit of a masochist), was in the first Mass Effect, when I had to choose between Kaidan and Ashley. It was a very gut wrenching moment and made me realize that your choices did matter in this game. Choices with consequence is what makes a great RPG in my opinion, and something I felt the next Mass Effects were lacking a bit.

Rado.ko likes this.
  12. Rado.ko

Rado.ko Member

Same here, that time when I had to choose who dies - Kaidan or Ashley. It was then that I realised how much weight your decisions carry. One of the best moment in the whole trilogy in my opinion. Mordin dying is also worth mentioning. The elevator talks from the first game were pretty funny and also all of my meeting with the cocky reporter. Good times. Meeting Grunt in the third game and fighting against the indocrinated rachni was another highpoint for me. Leaving him behind and then seeing him come back, all blody and broken - priceless. I'm sure there's more, that's just from the top of my head.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I liked that moment at the end of the first Mass Effect game where everyone is standing up from the wreckage and you're alive , and your crew is alive, and you realize that choosing not to save the Citadel Council didn't cause anything bad to happen. I was worried about what to do and so relieved when Shepard woke up.

14. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite moment has to be when Archangel reveals himself to be Garrus in Mass Effect 2. Was such a cool moment.

15. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

One of the most epic moments in all of gaming for me was when you talk to Vigil in the archives and he explains the cycle of the reapers. The music, the atmosphere, the build up, the reveal. All of it just made for one amazing moment in gaming history.

16. JoshuaLausberg

JoshuaLausberg Member Regular

The end scene at the end of ME 3, as you make the ultimate sacrifice. That flashback of all the memories you had with your companions throughout the game really gets one in the feels.
    It makes us realize that Shepard truly did make the ultimate sacrifice.

17. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Citadel DLC with the FemShep and Traynor romance route. I just love how the camera angle adjusted as the camera zoomed in on Traynor and Tsu Suza (Probably spelt her name wrong) eyes as they met during that game of Ardat Yakshi. It was so damn cheesy, that and the line "Remember Traynor, my shower, is for winners"

Also Mordin singing Gilbert and Sullivan and how that came out of nowhere :)

18. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Speaking to Sovereign on Virmire in the first Mass Effect. I'd been loving the game up until that point, but the revelation that Saren's ship was 'alive' and part of a much, much larger group of creatures, bent on universal destruction, gave me chills.

Actually, the whole Virmire mission was really well done. The environment, the base infiltration, choice of the sacrifice, the possibility of Wrex going kaput... more or less the high point of the series for me. (Not that the rest of it disappointed.)

19. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member Regular

While I still feel wrong for posting spoilers in a spoiler post, I'll just put the quote: "Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." After that happened, my jaw dropped and I teared up for the remainder of the scene. My favorite character sacrificed himself to save thousands, if not millions, of others.

20. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

That scene is so rough if you try to stop him. So rough. I mean, it's already pretty raw, but Shepard comes off as the most awful person in existence, good intentions or otherwise.