Your Favorite Profession So Far?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by Rymir, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Level 1

Level 1 Member

Yeah, yesterday's blog about making combat less clunky was good and Pet's i'm sure will be ok on release :).

2. Maguild

Maguild Member

Ranger, Guardian, Mesmer

But they all too cool :p

3. PainTrain

PainTrain Member

Ranger, Necro, then Guardian.

Can't wait to get a chance to play this game!

1 person likes this.
  4. Jekyll Jonze

Jekyll Jonze Member

Ooooh, I'll have to say Engineer! Even though every profession is created to be versatile and flexible, the Engineer seems to me like the most "colourful" profession of the bunch. I love the mines, I love the bombs, the flamethrower, the elixirs (those are gonna be SO much fun!), and I'm extremely looking forward to taking my Engineer into WvW, that's for sure.

5. Fay

Fay Member

All the professions look awesome in their own right. But I'm leaning towards mesmer or guardian. I hope I get into the Beta so I can really try things out before release. Either way I can't wait!

1 person likes this.
  6. Aggelos

Aggelos New Member

Im actually really confused on what I want =(

It will be a soldier class so wither Warrior or Guardian but I dont know which I want =D

I always loved the holy warrior type characters (Played Ret pally in WoW, Dervish in Guild Wars 1, Champion in Dark Age of Camelot, Templar in Dragon Age) but the Guardian looks too defensive not enough "zealot" type fighter for me tho I have yet to see some good Guardian Greatsword videos.

1 person likes this.
  7. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

If you really do like the holy type warrior classes then I think you should stick with the Guardian. All professions can be focused on damage just like the pally in WoW could be a ret or holy.. or protection. If you have doubts - just wait for more videos & till you can play yourself, don't forget guardians also have spirit weapons. - Oh and welcome! :)

8. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

we should do another poll after the first beta wave to get what folks are leaning toward prior to release. Don't we have an older poll to compare that too? I cant find it.

9. Majestic

Majestic Boo

10. Aggelos

Aggelos New Member

Yeah I will have to take a look at it once I can get my hands on it =D I will likely be playing both a warrior and a guardian for awhile till I get a feel for both then choose which will be my "main" meaning the other will be retired =) I tend to play only 1 character for my entire "lifetime" in a game =)

Thanks for the welcome Unknown!

11. Im Healin You

Im Healin You Member

For me I think its got to be the Guardian, mainly because of after playing the monk on GW1 support and healing type classes have always been my sort of thing :D

The Guardian has such a wide range of skills and I love the prospect of being able to switch from being a back liner supporter to a DPS or tank within seconds because of the versatility of skills and the heavy armour.

Can't wait for GW2 :D

12. Demonhun

Demonhun Member

I liked the ranger and the pet system mostly

13. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

14. Bastion

Bastion Warrior

My favorite profession has to be warrior. I am usually drawn to the warrior in every RPG that I play.

15. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

My new order of alts after hours of videos.

1.) Warrior
    2.) Elementalist
    3.) Ranger
    3.) Thief
    5.) Engineer
    6.) Guardian
    7.) Mesmer

16. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Yet another change given the hours of additional beta pvp videos. I'll need the beta to help me lock this down but I think i cover all my bases with the first 4 classes. (Highest melee, ranged, survive-ability, team buffs, aoe's, survive-ability, stealth, "some" control) 5-8 contain the better control/pets but other than that they are mixes of the first 4. In most MMOs I don't tend to do as much control.

1.) Warrior__________-Versatile and high melee damage.
    2.) Elementalist______-Ranged damage and glass cannon. Swiss army knife of a class.
    3.) Thief (or Ranger)__-Ranged spike damage with hit-n-run capability. Added stealth gank capability of Thief.
    4.) Guardian_________-WvWvW defensive Juggernaut. Lots of team support.
    5.) Necro___________-Conditions, AOE's, and pets. Ton of survive-ability.
    6.) Ranger (or Thief)__-Mix of Necro and Thief IMO
    7.) Mesmer__________-Basically caster version of a Thief
    8.) Engineer*________-Low damage, high survive-abilty, conditions, annoying

*I've seen about an hour of engiee pvp but it was the pistol builds which is primarily conditions and LOW damage. Maybe the flame thrower will be higher DPS but the lack of dps in the other roles was the deal breaker.

17. JRouge

JRouge Member

Thief and Ranger ^_^

18. Vidiea

Vidiea Member

I love Mesmer <3 I thought I would enjoy Ranger as well, but I found I like Warrior a lot more. I much prefer Warrior's longbow skills over Ranger.

19. KlasKatt

KlasKatt Member

I must say the engineer. Just because it's such a unique profession. Love it how the really went creative on the engineer when they made it

20. Ike

Ike New Member

Always been a ranger guy myself