Your favorite existing weapon-and one you might like added

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by GreatWormCult, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I wonder how rare the .50 cal ammunition would be in the metro?

2. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

Initially, very rare, as it is so specialized and only used by a few special units. However, if the weapon underwent larger adoption among Metro citizens, it would be a simple-to-make and effective caliber.

3. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

well. in Moscow their would be a fair number of Tanks and men posted, and allot of tanks have a 12.7mm MG on them... so would be fairly common in my eyes

4. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

The problem with crafting ammunition is that sure, you can make it, but it'll be (in Metro terminology) "dirty".

I think 12.7mm ammunition would have been a much better candidate for currency, the only problem being that Artyom rarely uses it and doesn't carry any on him.

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

If the metro fantasy actually happened I think that different calibers would be worth more. The rarer the more expensive.

6. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

It doesn't fire the 12.7mm heavy MG rounds. Those are 12.7mm bullet width by 107mm case length, with a bottlenecked case (IE, very big). The VSSK uses a special, unique cartridge with a case length of 54mm and a straight case, used only by that rifle. This round is obviously much smaller and much rarer, and is totally separate from the heavy MG round aside from bullet width.

7. MickeysMaltLiquer

My favorite weapon was definitely the Bastard, I really like the design, and the fact that it wasn't perfect. I beat the game on ranger hardcore with the suppressed bastard as my only auto. Duplet would be a close second.

I would really like to see the revolver be replaced with a Nagant revolver, as real revolvers cannot be suppressed due to cylinder gap, but the Nagant revolver has a gas seal system which makes it capable of being suppressed. I'd also like to see Russian side arms like a Makarov or TT-33, as the Smith and Wesson american .44 magnum doesn't seem to fit in.

8. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

The revolver with scope and extended barrel and stock would be my favourite gun, as for a gun to create maybe some sort of Actual Automatic shotgun that can use various types of ammo.... and i would like to see the ppsh41 put into the game and/or a mosin nagant variant as for what you can see in the last light demo! :D