Your favorite existing weapon-and one you might like added

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by GreatWormCult, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Yeah... PTRD now i remembe the name to ;) Well the muzzle break looks awesome. I really wish they add it into the game, would make PTRD 20% cooler :)

2. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about this new sniper yet. Looks clunky. I'm going to have to test it out before I make and conclusions:eek:hwell:

3. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Well as most of the weapons ( if not all) in LL will have upgrades. So i think what we seeing in the demo is non-upgraded version of "Surprese". I think you will be able to upgrade it as you think the best for your playstyle and maybe you will like it then ;)

4. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Looks like it would be rare, judging that it looks like a AT-Rifle more than a Sniper rifle, either that or we're gonna have some Loooooong Rannnnge missions xD

5. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

The 'Eastern Front' or just say during the GPW :D

6. Cheaptricks

On topic: All time favorite weapon is the Thiar (Pressure gun).

I wanted to see another rife, and looks like we got one so I'm happy :).

I don't know the name of it but you can see its magazine extends off the side not the bottom. (E3 footage on the cart ride I think)

7. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Oh Mossin Nagat you mean? Well it is WW2 russian bold-action gun, but metro dwellers changed the magazine position :)

8. Ranger_of_the_new_world

'What with all the short-links guys. It stands for Great Patrotism War or Great Panzer Warfare? Just comm on @!

9. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

I'm sorry then :) sarcasm isn't really that noticeable on the net.

10. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

While the wiki article on the rifle (it's called the Valve, apparently) says it seems to be part Mosin-Nagant, it also mentions (correctly) that it seems influenced by the Swiss K31 rifle. You'll notice in the gameplay that Artyom does not pivot the bolt up before pulling it back, as is typical to most bolt-action rifles (like the Mosin-Nagant, Enfield, pretty much all others except a few). Instead, he just pulls it back. This is called a "straight pull" bolt action and is used by the aforementioned K31. Imagine it like any semi or full auto rifle, but with the action manually operated every shot.

11. GreatWormCult

Just edited the Surprise page on the wiki (it's now called the "Sniper rifle;" I don''t know how to change it back) to reflect the PTRS/PTRD connection, and generally make it more professional.

12. MRJOEYBON

MRJOEYBON Member

I find myself really interested in the pneumatic weapons and Surprise, just because of the awesomeness of the name.

I find them adding in a crossbow would be pretty cool. Melee weapons that do more damage than the knife. Serrated knives that do more damage against tougher enemies. Maybe they could add in a mechanic where the normal knife can't pierce the skin of some mutants so you'd need a serrated one. That would be cool.

#52 MRJOEYBON, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  13. Cheaptricks

I've always been attracted to the pump guns as well. I used to looooove the Hellsing. Killing everything in the game minus demons with 1 shot was good times. Now if I roll with a pump gun I use the Thiar for its efficiency over hellsing.

14. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

The Sniper Rifle is named like it is because it's former name was leaked, and the Metro Wiki refrains from publishing leaked information.

Anyways, in a perfect world, I would have this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-3_Vikhr

15. GreatWormCult

Well, apparently the suppressed AR in the 2011 demo is not a VSS, but a 9A-91. The 9A-91 is a very similar weapon in the same (9x39mm subsonic) caliber, just by KBP, not CNIITochMash. Anyway, I think everyone can agree that the pneumo guns are awesome.

16. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

The VSS is the Vintorez Snaiperskaya Special, which was not featured in either Metro. It is a sniping variant of the 9A-91, which also wasn't in either Metro. I think the silenced assault rifle seen in the 2011 demo was still the VSV, just a but darker colored.

17. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

He's right, the weapon featured in the game is still the good ol' pre-war VSK-94-turned-VSV.

18. GreatWormCult

Sorry, I just couldn't remember the name :eek:. Damn silent Russian assault rifles have too many V's and S's. Also, I got my info from IMFDB: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Metro:_Last_Light#KBP_Instrument_Design_Bureau_9A-91 Anyway, I'll see your 9mm silent sniper and raise you a .50 caliber one: meet...the VSSK Vykhlop!
    http://world.guns.ru/sniper/large-caliber-sniper-rifles/rus/vks-vssk-vychlop-e.html
    (for pics see attachments, I don't know how to put images straight into the post)
    I am as certain as one can be that this one won't be in the game. However, within the universe, perhaps if a significant number entered the Metro, the cartridge's high caliber combined with ease of manufacture (the case of the round seems straight with a slight taper) would make it more popular.

19. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

That .50 cal Russian sniper looks amazing! Very reminiscent of the SVU as seen most beautifully in Clear Sky!!!! (STALKER)

20. GreatWormCult

Yes, the format is very similar. Only thing is that the Vychlop is straight-pull, not semi-auto. Anyway, I think it's a great weapon too!