Your favorite existing weapon-and one you might like added

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by GreatWormCult, Jun 4, 2012.

1. You already did in the E3 2012 demo. Without a scope.

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Surprise = high-powered sniper rifle.

I think you're thinking of the Valve? Unless I missed a segment of the E3 gameplay.

3. 3:35

[YOUTUBE]xBwsKRRMadU[/YOUTUBE]

4. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Well that doesnt mean that he uses that as a weapon. The spade is good for more things than killngs people/mutants you know :p

5. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Hmm i cant say that is Surprese rifle. It dpesnt have the scope and recoil isnt that big for heavy shell shooting rifle. I think its like the Metro Kar gun.

6. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

It says it 14.5 cal, which is lower than standard .22 cal Nato ammunition (For assault rifles), so it's actually REALLY low-cal - unless they men 14,5 mm, of course.

7. Ranger_of_the_new_world

They ment 14,5mm, you hardly need a sniper rifle for 14.5 cal...

Heavy sniper rifle. Ammo 14.5 cal. (mm) machine-gun cartridges.

CARTRIDGE TYPE. Single fire only. 5 cartridge mag.

Higher magnification sight

[​IMG]

P.S. Hmm when you look closer,hmm yeah that really loooks like that single-fire rifle on the demo. Sorry Komodo you might be right. But still without scope it looks kinda lame. And that knob its really funny looking...

#27 Ranger_of_the_new_world, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  8. Teddy Picker

One thing I've learned in my internet explorations: Komodo Saurian is always correct.

It does look weird scope-less, but the scope might be dirty and there were few instances in M2033 when I needed a scope. Most combat was pretty close if you ask me.

9. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Well in this case Komodo is wrong (dramatic sound). I watched full demo and in about 10 min or what when Artyom saves Pavol from sufocting he picks that gun. You can see how it looks like. The ammo tipe is really 14.5mm, but i is not surprise sniper rifle, because of the knob. well unleast in the photo we have upgraded version of suprese with less recoil and a scope when Komodo would be right again...

10. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

That's true, but whenever a character in 2033 carried something on his back you could usually use it, like Khan with the Helsing or Bourbon with the AK. They are getting far more artistic this time around, though, so you may be right in that it may only be for decoration. I guess we'll just have to wait and see :wacko:

I think that sniper rifle is funny looking in general by the way, it's world model is meh - but I really enjoyed the first person model. It looked more like a bolt action rifle, not a sniper rifle, in Artyom's hands though.

11. The Wauzzer

The Wauzzer New Member

I have to say that the Bastard is my favorite so far and for the new ones I think that it would be cool if there were a crossbow or an ordinary bow or maybe Ak-47U or PP-19 Bizon or why not some sort of flintlock gun or rifle like a pepperbox or what not. :p

#31 The Wauzzer, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  12. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

With regards to the Surprise, the image on the wiki may not fully sync up with the model in the demo. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened with the minigun. While the demo featuring the minigun is around a year older than the one with the Surprise, the same thing may have happened. Also, didn't notice when he picked up the Surprise, only when shooting it. Is there a link or screenshot?

13. Teddy Picker

There's a full demo that was given and it shows Artyom picking up both the Duplet, and later in the video the Surprise.

Image of the Surprise as seen in the demo:

[​IMG]

14. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Post ponies instead of that man. You will make me happy and others... well 20% angry'er

15. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Look at the size of that rifle! And the bullets, that thing is definitivly built for cqb ;)

16. Blaastoid

Blaastoid Member

Favorite Weapon Reply

My favorite weapon to use in Metro 2033 would have to be the VSV. It's silenced and with the Laser sight made it better to aim with. I used the Throwing Knives in almost every stealthy situation.

If any new weapon was to be added I think some sort of Sniper Rifle with a Suppressor and some kind of really nice scope would be nice.

17. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Naw man, big rifle with big rounds are the last thing you need in CQC. That gun looks more like a anti-tank rifle, good at long-medium distance aganst heavily armored or thick skinned targets. Not so good for fast enemies at close range.

18. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Yeah i must agree with Strelok here. Because that sniper is so long it would even be dificult to operate with it in CQC. Like in some thinght places like colidors, rooms and other places.
    It is just me of similar rifle was used by russians in Staligrand battle to shot trought tops of germans panzers from the roofs of ruined biuldings.

And for CQC i would go with shotgun or ansult rifle.

19. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Indeed, it is a russian PTRD anti-tank rifle used on the western front:
    [​IMG]

20. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Ya I know its not actually meant for cqb it's carcasim