Your favorite existing weapon-and one you might like added

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by GreatWormCult, Jun 4, 2012.

1. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

It's simple: Which gun do you like the most, and what's an idea you have for a new one? I love all the games' guns, but here are the few I like the most.

From an engineering standpoint: Probably the 2033 auto shotgun. The weapon's uniqueness combined with the fact that the design would actually work (the explanation on the wiki makes sense and is accurate) make it great.

For practicality: The Tihar. In the metro, air is plentiful, and ammunition could be cast out of anything. In addition it's silent.

For sheer awesomeness: The spring-driven minigun. Even disregarding the fact that it's an impractical Gatling gun, for some reason the fact that it uses a spring makes it cool.

As for a new weapon, some kind of unholy, spring-powered Tihar-minigun hybrid would be cool. Any ideas?

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

id take the good old ak-74mn its the only gun i think is really practical to care for the rest of your metro life. unlike the auto-shotgun and minigun its under 20lb and is very reliable. also ammunition would be a very rare problem.

P.S. ITS AN AK-74!

3. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

My favorite weapons in Metro 2033 were the throwing knives and the upgraded revolver with the stock, silencer, and scope. Was like a mini-sniper rifle. Next time you play the game, get that gun, when you zoom in - aim a bit low, always works like a charm.

As for a weapon I'd like to see? PPSH-41 and/or VSS

4. GreatWormCult

I used the scoped/silenced revolver through my first playthrough and for some of my second (still in the middle of that one). It's definitely a nice gun; I love the noise it makes and how you see the smoke float up in front of the scope. On Ranger Easy it deals a good amount of damage too.

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

The revolver can pretty much get a player through the game. Even against librarians, a couple of headshots will put them down in no time.

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I want the Helsing, and a proper sniper rifle would be nice (for a sniper-mission).

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

IRL I've only fired a M4A1, a M92 and a M249 SAW, so I can only really judge on those. I really liked the SAW, because you could feel the power it had. Anything on the other side of that barrel would be dead meat if in the right hands :D

8. Pss, ks-23m, sr-3m.

9. Red Aegis

Red Aegis Well-Known Member

I liked the throwing knives and ak the best. I have actually never used the hellsing but would think that it would be a good weapon. I was able to get through the whole game with using the revolver, ak, and throwing knives almost exclusively on a few play-throughs.

10. Red Aegis

Red Aegis Well-Known Member

I forgot to add that I'd like to see some sort of trench shovel that you could throw that could replace the bigger knife and the throwing knives. It would be awesome if it could penetrate armor because of it's size, but would only allow you to carry one of them. They would be so useful in the metro it's ridiculous, not to mention completely realistic.

11. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

You mean something like sharpened shovels that germans used in WW1 and WW2 to replace beyonets that got stucked in rimbs of french and other nations soldiers to often?
    Yes i think it can be fun, but why not to add sledgehammer crowbar :D
    Ok but if i was in Metro i would prefer silenced SVD and silenced AK74 and Nokia 3310 ( it is a powerfull weapon if you know how to use it )

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well,i am going with the Ak,definitely! Pneumatic weapons were really a good idea,but i personally don't like it because you have to take the bother to pump them up.

A new weapons i'd like to see is the Mosin-Nagant.Or at least the PPsh41!

13. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I'd like to see an AN-94 or AEK-973 (not the AEK from BF3 but the model 7.62x54mm)

14. Teddy Picker

The USAS-12 with frag rounds... kidding.

All weapons revealed so far are acceptable, in my opinion. I don't usually have a preference, I'll probably stick with the Bastard anyway.

15. GreatWormCult

I also think everything revealed so far is really cool. The Bro (the single-shot shotgun/pistol) looks like it'll be great and so do the one or two bolt action rifles. Oh, and the minigun looks okay too :D

16. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

I so want a PPsh looking thing, would be awesome if we had a model of the Bastard with some mod's on it like we see with the Revolver, Wood Stock, Drum Mag, Improved Barrel...

17. GreatWormCult

A Bastard with upgrades sounds great, and seems like it's something that would happen too. I'm imagining the drum mag as a hollow circle that goes through the feed tray and then just rotates as you fire until it's gone all the way around. It would have to be split somewhere, though.

18. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Just though how to make it awesome, have a Pan Drum Mag, so its like a Horizontaly Mounted Drum mag, would look Awesome under the Bastard!.

But I would love to see more well made Bastards. As now we are seeing Kobra Sights and whatnot, how about a Nice looking Bastard?

19. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Your wish just may come true my dude! Take a look at this years E3 demo - Pavel, (the companion Artyom scours the ruins of Moscow with,) is adorning a spade shovel across the top of his backpack! :wacko:

20. Teddy Picker

I think the latest reveal in regards to weapons (the Surprise) will be my best friend in the Metro. Can't wait to see it in action :3