Quantcast

Your favorite Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior game?

Discussion in 'Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

Which is it? What is your all time favorite Dragon Quest or Dragon Warrior game? I've played many of the titles and love the franchise a lot. I grew up with many of the Dragon Warrior games (what it was called here in the US for some time) and still come back to play some of these awesome games all over again.

Anyways, my favorite would have to be the original Dragon Warrior for the NES. I have a ton of NES games and this is in my top ten list for sure. I played the others and sometimes the others tend to be better, but this still has a fond place in my heart as I was a young guy when I first played it. Great games.

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

It would probably have to be Dragon Quest V for the DS. I know it's a later title, but It was the first one I played and really enjoyed. I have been trying to build the collection, but it hasn't been going so well. I need to play some of the newer games yet, there's so many it's crazy.

Morgan.

3. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

I've only managed to play two Dragon Warrior games - part VII and VIII. If I would be asked what my favorite among the two is, I'd choose Dragon Warrior VIII any day. It's got one of the best graphics seen on a PlayStation 2 game. It was epic and it was easy to get lost in its world. Though the story is simple, the scope of the game makes up for it. I do hope that I would get the chance to play the Nintendo Wii versions too. :)

4. Myristyl

Myristyl Member

/agreed, to a point
    I have such fond memories of playing the original Dragon Warrior on NES when I was growing up. I spent so much time playing this one. Unfortunately, I DID play this game a little last year, and after the initial nostalgia wore off, I found the game to be very... well... scripted. As much as I loved in when I was younger, I guess I just didn't have the same point of reference that I do now. I actually never thought about how much the nature of RPG's have changed with the advent of open world mechanics until this experience.

5. Wick99

Wick99 Well-Known Member Regular

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker is my favorite because I just really liked the mechanics and the storyline was incredible.

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

The original was pretty freaking awesome. NES is king!

7. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest 9. I LOVE the customization they allow you to do in this game. I always wanted a team of adventurers of my own and this game allows me to create all of them from scratch! And there's bonus bosses from the previous games as well. And the Grottos. You can't forget about the Grottos. That thing will keep you occupy for a loooong time

8. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

My favorite will always be Dragon Quest 8 on the PS2. I played it last time and I thought it was better than the previous ones but that's just me. I stopped at 8 and never play anymore Dragon Quest after it.

9. Nickmandelson

Nickmandelson Member

Dragon Quest 8 is one of my favorite games of all time. Anybody who owns a PS2 should definitely play that game.

10. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

Growing up, my favorite Dragon Quest title was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey. I must have beaten that game several times in Elementary School. Weirdly enough, Dragon Quest was very popular with the children during the 5th Grade. I'd expect that of Japan, but children in Florida? Not really.

11. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

For me defiantly Dragon Quest 8 that was the 1st DQ game I played and it got me hooked on the series!

12. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Same, I really liked how I could make my character look like almost anything I wanted. I kinda wished they had more hairstyles but I was able to make do with a few. Aside from the ending that was a slight disappointment, I still play this game now so that I can max all of my jobs and collect everything in the game.

13. ChilledFlamez

ChilledFlamez Member

Does Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker count? Because I feel like it doesn't. It's the only Dragon Quest I played though I really wanted to play DQ 9.

14. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

Dragon Quest 9 is my favorite, though it's also the only one I've put any amount of time in, so there's that. It really is a fantastic old-school styled JRPG with a great class system, battle system and loads of content.