Your favorite DLC mission in Last Light

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Stalker Bar, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about before, but it's probably lost in the forum somewhere.

(a favorite mission per pack, example being Faction, Developer, and Chronicles packs which each carry more than 1 mission.)

Faction pack
    Personally I liked the Heavy Squad mission, reminding of the ideology of my forefathers, but the Kshatriya mission was more of my liking. It was an open-world type mission, showing us that 4A can make that happen in a future metro game.

Developer pack
    The Spider Lair mission is really neat, I personally loved it but it was really short(like the Heavy Squad)

Chronicles pack
    I liked the Khan level, it shows some lore about Polyanka that wasn't showing in the main campaign, or in any metro game so far. This also finally sheds some light to the station only hinted by Homer and Artyom in 2033 and 2034.

whoope that was long.

2. Stalker Bar

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Sorry, I've been away for about a week.

To be honest, I had almost forgotten about all the DLCs :lol: It's been too long since I played the games. But I swear, as soon as I get my VR goggles, they will be the first two games I play.

I didn't quite like the heavy reich mission; as far as I can remember, it was some type of survival/wave -gameplay, just being stationary and gunning down anything in your path. I'm not sure, but I think I was in the middle of a Ranger Hardcore playthrough in the story when this DLC came out, and if I remember correctly, the DLC's difficulty links to the difficulty you choose for the story. That DLC mission worked very poorly with Ranger Hardcore because you're stationary and can't really take cover, and almost anything can kill you, so I had to restart the story on normal or something in order to be able to finish that DLC mission.

The Red sniper mission must have been my favorite, if not the spider lair mission. I really liked the ending in that :D
    I did not really like the Kshatriya mission because it was kind of a rat-race to get as far as possible as quickly as possible because of the lack of filters, and you'd only get so far to get the mission items before having to return to re-stock on filters. And there were so many things I wanted, like the suits and the guns, but I couldn't afford them because all my bullets went to getting more goddang filters just so I could run back out on the same path as before, only getting slightly further away from the safe station.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

In the Faction Pack, I personally think that the Reich Heavy mission was the most boring and pointless thing in the whole Metro game franchise, from the first game - through all the DLC - to Redux. The Red sniper mission was much more interesting and atmospheric, whilst Kshatriya was probably my favourite because it reminded me more of the books and of the Stalker games. If only it was a bit more open with a greater number of options... then it would have been perfect.

From the others I can't really decide which was my favourite.

What do you mean by this? That your ancestors took part in the Holocaust? That you're proud of that? Before, when you made that comment about Nazis and your grandmother in the other thread, I thought you were just joking. If you're actually being serious and you have some delusions about a Nazi heritage then you're treading on some mighty thin ice, because we have some Jewish and some Slavic members on this forum who don't like your kind. We also have a zero tolerance policy towards racism on the forum, as I'm sure you've read in our rules when signing up.

Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions and you're just having a laugh. If that's the case, all is fine as long as you don't go overboard. But if you have racist views, please keep them to yourself otherwise we will have to ban you. Again, sorry for being so direct about this - we've had some strange people on our forum in the past, including two fascists arguing for ethnic cleansing, both of whom I think have been banned ages ago because of how much hatred they were spouting. We've also had a few crypto-fascists, but I think we've kept most of them around because they're smarter and don't cause much trouble (we don't force our views onto you and we encourage discussions of any kind, but like I said racism is not tolerated - it's something we agreed on in our rules).

#4 Bamul, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
  5. Stalker Bar

no, my ancestor was named Hans and i have a cousin named Diesel (The player is named "Hans" and the rifleman is named Diesel, I'm also a German myself and did not saying anything to involve myself to the ideologies of the Third Reich.

I'm not a fascist, my family helped hide Jews in the holocaust. Please don't jump to conclusions, ask before you speak. Yes I could've not used the word "ideology" more of terminology of names, but I got really offended when you immediately assumed that I was a Neo-Fascist. When you said "we don't like your kind." were you implying that you don't like Germans? Not all of us were Nazi's bound to killing for no reason, I'm surprised that such a nice-seeming person can be so quick to judge.

The Heavy Squad mission was a type of "boring" but I like the classic face-off between the Red Line and the "Reich"

as for you Skaara, welcome back :)

#5 Stalker Bar, Jun 27, 2016
  6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Like I said in my previous post, sorry for jumping to conclusions. We've had some strange people on this forum before and they've caused quite a mess (we've had a person claiming he was raised to hate Jews and that was apparently why he could not shut up about it, another guy spoke of Romani people as though they were vermin and was hinting at getting rid of them, etc.). I wanted to put things straight so that there were no doubts in case you're one of those guys. And I'm very glad that you aren't. The only reason I did that was so that we can continue to have this nice atmosphere around here. Again, my apologies, and I hope you understand. I'm a moderator here after all, plus I take anything to do with real-life Nazis quite personally due to my own family roots.

The Nazis of Glukhovsky's Moscow Metro have nothing to do with actual Germans - most of their ranks are ethnic Russian boneheads with a hard on for classic German-style imperialism (hence their Germanic nicknames) who take Hitler's old ideology and apply it to Slavs as the master race. When I was speaking of a kind of people, I meant those that thought the Nazis were right - fascists and other deluded people on the far right, not Germans. After all, Eastern Europe today has perhaps the largest number of neo-Nazis in the world even though Slavs were considered genetically inferior by the Third Reich. No, that twisted ideology isn't exclusive to Germany, that was just the place it took by storm before WW2. I have nothing against Germans. I despise German nationalists, especially due to the historical baggage, but then again I dislike nationalists of all kinds and it's usually Polish nationalists that piss me off the most.

#6 Bamul, Jun 27, 2016
  7. Stalker Bar

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

:pop2:

Thanks :D I agree with you about the Heavy Squad mission in this; it's a whole new interesting twist to actually be able to part-take in the front-lines between Reds and Reich as a soldier other than sneaking around as Artyom or as a sniper, especially when we got to try out those special weapons :)

And don't be offended by by Bamul's comment; we're just a bit on-guard, or on our toes, against racists and the like after some previous incidents :p

9. Stalker Bar

I completely understand.

10. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

pavel mission. uhh ghossh, its more brutal than kshatriya dlc, you are desperately cringe yourself for ammo duh

11. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

For me, it's the Library, Kshatriya, but the story based ones like Pavel and Khan are pretty good.

12. SpartanKobe

SpartanKobe Member
    Regular

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

14. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

The Factions Pack were fun for me because I find their whole existence within the Metro pretty interesting, I found K-shit--riya a little boring, but, still enjoyable.