Quantcast

Your favorite Diablo game

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Meridia, Aug 16, 2013.

1. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Definitely Diablo II. I still remember saving my character in a diskette to play with my friends in a computer cafe to play multiplayer LAN mode. Fun times indeed. :D

2. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Haha, we used floppy disks as well. Those caffe bars were really awesome for playing with your friends! I remember spending hours there playing games from Warcraft 3, Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, DOTA for the whole day! Best days! :)

3. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Yeah, well those were the days when broadband plans were unbelievably expensive. I was still on dial-up back then (I only started my broadband subscription in 2003) and as you can already imagine, online gaming is terrible with that connection, so Battlenet gaming is a no go. I would rather head to the nearest computer cafe and play LAN mode than be annoyed with the crappy connection at home. Nowadays everyone is just playing in their homes, so while you are still playing with your long time buddies online, it just feels kinda different due to the absence of their presence, physically.

4. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I used to play with dial up as well. I hated it from the bottom of my soul. The internet was expensive and anybody answering the phone or calling killed my connection! Horrible! You can imagine my anguish when being disconnected in middle of important online things! :D

5. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

The only Diablo I have fully played through is Diablo 1 for the PlayStation . I barely started playing Diablo II not too long and I have to say I should have played it a long time ago. I think it is safe to say Diablo 2 is my favorite Diablo game.

6. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

After playing every Diablo game, I think Diablo 2 was the best for me. The improvements over Diablo 1 was massive and the expansions were all great. Diablo 3 felt underwhelming initially and that feeling stuck with me.

7. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Yeah the 3rd game was just basically D2 redone with better graphics and new classes. The main fault with it is the lack of PvP and basically when you hit the maximum level nothing to do.

8. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah Diablo 2 was a big leap from Diablo 1, especially the playstation version. There are still plenty of people playing Diablo 2 online, although half of them are probably botting.

9. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

Since Diablo 3 was the only game in the series I played, I have to go with that. I agree that there should have been more to it because after a while there was nothing left for me to do in the game.

10. Epicfied

Epicfied Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people who absolutely loved Diablo II... however, if I'm being honest, I never played any of the Diablo games until III.
    I really like D3 though and will continue playing it. I love that Blizzard didn't make it a subscription game like WoW.

11. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I played Diablo II the longest, and it probably is the best game in the series, but to be honest I think I had the most fun playing Diablo. Back then blizzard wasn't all too concerned with duping or keeping the game legit on Battle.net. There were a ton of people who used hacks and would just go around killing people, even people who didn't have PvP enabled. Me and a bunch of friends got together and formed a PKK guild that would police the games we were in and try to keep it fun for everyone.

12. Lucas

Lucas Active Member Regular

I didn't play Diablo 3 but I heard it's really bad. I used to love Diablo 2 LoD, I was playing it like for 7 years. Amazing game, amazing climate. Now I'm playing similiar game to D2LoD - Path of Exile. Really decent game, I can recommend it to you.

13. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

My favorite Diablo game is the first one released on the Playstation 1. I spent a many great years co-opping it with a particular family member to the point where it's got a very nostalgic feel to me every time I see it around somewhere or other.

14. jayres

jayres Member

Diablo 2 clearly wins this. I second any mention of Torchlight as a better alternative to Diablo 3

15. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

Diablo 2, hands down. I remember trying to get into the first one multiple times back in the day, but I just couldn't get to enjoy myself. I had a blast with the sequel, though. It's one of the games that I can just keep playing over and over and still have fun!

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo 3 is really not as bad as people think, although Diablo 2 was still the best.
    I can't decide between 3 and 2 though. It's a really tough choice.

17. devonbomer

devonbomer Active Member

This is such a difficult question! The storyline and gameplay of the second Diablo was so much fun! What I didn't like, naturally, was the graphics. I'm a huge stickler when it comes to in game graphics, so Diablo 3 had me by a storm. I didn't like the items or story in Diablo 3 as much, but the cinematics and animation of the characters was so fantastic!

18. fatguy39

fatguy39 Active Member

Man, this is easy. It's Diablo 2! If you take the time to ignore graphics, then Diablo 2 is, at least for me, the best regarding gameplay. I don't want to bash on Diablo 3, but gameplay related, it's just really simplified now in a way (but the customization is still as good as it can be). In Diablo 2, especially if you play PvP (hostile, hehe) matches, you'll find skill to be a good factor in your victory. Not being restricted in a particular line up of skills, and not to mention having a lot of hotkeys is particularly good. Content is pretty good as well, and we all know Blizzard makes compelling stories as well.

My most favorite Prime Evil would be Mephisto, hands down.

19. Calamity

Calamity Member

Honestly, my favorite is Diablo 3. Many people believe that Diablo 3 was terrible, but I very legitimately enjoyed D3. It was a blast to play through, and I had a ton of fun playing with friends. It is just an incredibly solid game, and well I loved it. Despite many of it's short comings of the game; especially around release, I've loved to play D3 and continue to play. I've recently started another playthrough with some friends of mine. I believe I'll continue coming back.

20. MJAlex

MJAlex Member

I loved Diablo 1 and 3, though I've always been a fan of the dungeon crawler formula. However, D2 takes the cake for me. It build upon it's predecessor and added a colorful world, with a wonderful atmosphere, to explore and level in.

Unfortunately, what D2 added, D3 removed. While the graphics are improved upon, it lost the successful gameplay mechanics that were implemented with the second. I also found that the classes were more innovative for D2. Still, they all have pros and cons when playing each.