Quantcast

Your favorite Diablo game

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Meridia, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

What is your favorite Diablo out of the series, is it the first, second or third? For me it's not hard, #2 is by far my favorite simply because it still holds up today. The graphics may not be tremendous and beautiful like Diablo 3, but it's still a hell of a game. Now, I want to know your favorites. I know people kind of dislike the 3rd because it took so long to be made and the end result wasn't what everyone liked, but that's normal I suppose.

2. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

My favorite is #2 as well. It's just a perfect example of a truly classic game. I play it often yet, even though I have Diablo 3 and I enjoy that too, it's just that Diablo 2 hold the top spot for me. :)

3. Eltharion

Eltharion Member

Diablo 2 is honestly way better, and I doubt thats just me being biased due to nostalgia. I think it had way more character development. I liked skill trees and being able to allocate my own stat points. Also the grinding was fun compared to auction house hunting.

4. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Diablo 2 was one of the games I played growing up, so even if you can argue that Diablo 3 is a better game all around, I still didn't enjoy it as much, probably because of the age difference. I also like the story and feel of Diablo 2 better.

5. Spydy

Spydy Member

Diablo 2, I think Diablo 3 was too dumbed down and felt dull somehow. Diablo 1 was good too for the time, but overshadowed by 2.

6. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

To be fair I never played the first one so I don't know how it's like I didn't like 3, but I vaguely remember the 2nd one the only thing I can remember is playing it a lot after getting home from school even though I was not good at the game.

7. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

I don't know. Haven't played the third part yet but actually I don't see any big difference between the titles. All good.

8. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo 2 was definately the best game out of the series. There are still active communities of people that play competitively, even though quite a few of them are botting overnight to get their rankings on the ladder. It is such an impressive game that will be hard to top.

9. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

I know that Diablo III is better in terms of graphics, but I like Diablo II: LoD a lot more. I played Diablo II for a year and got really skilled with most classes. For me Diablo II > Diablo III.

10. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Diablo I for it's very grim atmosphere and sense of darkness when you go down to grind these dungeons. It was also my first multiplayer games, a totally alien concept back then in 1997! However hackers have soon ruined it.

D2 was way better in regards of multiplayer, but somehow didn't have that dark atmosphere anymore.

11. Efrahinu19

Efrahinu19 Member

I agree with Zlyuka, even though the game is shorter than 2 or 3 it's still an awesome game. I played it recently, a couple of months back and the experience was nostalgic. It did lack in content but what it had was amazing for it's time, I just love dungeon crawling and looting.

12. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

I play both #2 and #3 and I was really curious about #3 when it came out. But I was a bit disappointed, it's far from being as great as Diablo 2. Not a bad game, but it's just not as good as #2. Well, it's hard to keep such high standards, maybe in the future there'll be a game as good as Diablo 2.

13. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Diablo 2 was the best Diablo hands-down. It is still one of my most played and favorite games. It will forever be a landmark in gaming history as a classic MMORPG. :)

14. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

Second one by default, since that's the only one I've played. First one is too old and the third one is apparently not that good. I don't think I'll play it unless they scrap the always online requirement since I only play single player.

15. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Diablo II is still the best Diablo.

Diablo 3 sucks, Torchlight 2 is much better.

16. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

As many has mentioned before me, Diablo 2 + expansion pack was the best. It was so huge with so much to do. It felt like an epic game.

17. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I play the first game only for a little bit but wasted a bit of my childhood on the second one so my vote goes to D2. Best in the series, great cinematics, great gameplay, HUGE online world and alot of fun! PS I love the story :)

18. swagger

swagger Well-Known Member

Diablo 2 hands down, Diablo 3 was a piece of trash, didn't even compete with Diablo 2.

19. Jordanoyo

Jordanoyo Active Member

Diablo II is the best Diablo there is and my favorite. Although I don't hate Diablo III, I feel as if it gets a lot of hate but I still think it was a solid game.

20. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

I think Diablo 3 would have been a much better game if they polished it a bit more and actually added PvP at the start. It really lacked PvP and after the maximum level you didnt have anything to play for!