Your favorite class ?

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Frank I, Aug 8, 2013.

1. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

The problem I have is that every time I install a new role playing game, I tend to create my first toon based on what I feel represents me the most. As time goes on, I find out that the character that I play is not fun. Then I end up creating another character with which I actually find enjoyable, wasting a lot of time in the process.

My first toon was a Witch Doctor. It had powerful spells. It actually felt a bit over powered for its level. However, I lost interest in it even though I was like a god.

My next toon was a Barbarian. I have to say I am glad I chose this class. It was extremely fun to play. The type of attacks and the amount of damage I was able to take was just epic. Though in the process of being a 'god of war', I did die many times in single player. I seem to do very well in multiplayer though.

2. Berberita Ion

Berberita Ion Active Member

I can't choose between the Barbarian and the Witch Doctor. I always loved playing them. The Barbarian reminds me of a tough viking and the Witch Doctor of a shady necromancer.

3. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

I don't have an absolutely favorite class, I'm split between the wizard and the demon hunter, I guess I like keeping my distance while fighting :)

4. SoraLimit

SoraLimit Member

It has to be Demon Hunter. I have said it before, but I absolutely hate being in the front lines. Coupled with the fact that you can outplay your opponent, or in this case, outplay the AI, is very satisfying. I think the second favorite would be witch doctor, since if I'm not playing a DPS role, I'm usually playing a support role.

5. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well ugh I can't choose I like them all really. If I had to choose I guess I would have to say the Demon Hunter. I just love that class and everything they can do. The Demon Hunter is my most played and high leveled character at the moment and the witch Doctor character is after that.

6. BluBird

BluBird New Member

I'm only in Act II and have only rolled a Wizard and Barbarian. I loved the wizard in Diablo II, but this time around I feel (even though I really wish I didn't) that the Barbarian is more fun. The Wizard just seems... underpowered. I dunno, maybe it's my skill selection. I'm trying to decide if I should give another class a whirl. Demon Hunter seems really fun, but I thought I'd like to see which classes you all like best before deciding anything. :x

7. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Barbarian is my favorite. But I also like Demon Hunter.

8. Lucas

Lucas Active Member
    Regular

My favourite class was Paladin. I can't tell about Diablo III classes because I did not play that game yet. It could be probably some Archer/Demon Hunter, but it's really hard to say.

9. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the Demon Hunter. I can roll around and clear out maps faster than other chars.

10. Bluesman

Bluesman Member

I played a lot of mage and I really enjoy it. I like the glass character stereotype, you know, high damage, a lot of movement and low survability. Funny enough I played a lot of melee wizard back in 2012 and thought that it was very cool. But then they nerfed it. And then they nerfed it even more. And they basically killed this really cool concept for no reason at all. Oh well.

11. krab007

krab007 Member

Monk. It was the first class I started with on release. I like playing tank/support characters in games and monks seemed to fit that bill when I was making my decision.
    I've played all the other classes as well, but I just have the most fun with monks.

12. jayres

jayres Member

Witch Doctor by far for me, again, having come from a Necromancer in Diablo II. It lends itself to very different play-styles more than other classes do.

13. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

Well since monk is the class I picked, I would say it's my favorite. I haven't tried the other classes, yet, but I might in the next few weeks/months.

14. Imani S

Imani S Member

The best class in the game was the Demon Hunter. His/her character was very to the point and believable, and his/her skills outmatched a lot of the other classes. There is so much to the demon hunter that makes them both wide-range and close-range, magic and melee. This combination between multiple aspects makes them the ideal character.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy some dual-wielded crossbows and the ability to become a ghost for a few seconds? :)

15. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

My favorite class is the Demon Hunter.

16. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Necromancer without a doubt because I don't like playing alone and the undead skeletons follow me around everywhere lol. Wizard is great for massive damage and I play demon hunter just for show. I haven't mastered the Barbarian yet so I can't say I like playing it.

17. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Necromancer without a doubt because I don't like playing alone and the undead skeletons follow me around everywhere lol. Wizard is great for massive damage and I play demon hunter just for show. I haven't mastered the Barbarian yet so I can't say I like playing it.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm.. I'd have to choose between Wizard or Necromancer but both are really good. I also like the Barbarian.

19. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorite is (and always will be) the demon hunter! It's pretty much the right class for this game, as I'm always fighting demons. Also, I really like how badass killing demons with crossbows is. Also, I love Valla in Heroes of the Storm, and that comes from my love for demon hunters. :)

20. guruproto

guruproto Active Member
    Regular

In Diablo 3, the monk was easily my favorite. He has a nice balance between DPS and support, and his skillset allows him to soak damage well. I thought of him as a jack-of-all-trades character -- he can do a little bit of everything depending on how you build him.

When I first started playing Diablo 3, the Demon Hunter was my preferred class. Their DPS can get pretty substantial later in the game, and they have several interesting builds that are fun to toy around with. My favorite variations are those that rely on the Demon Hunter's turret ability.