Your Favorite Characters From Last Light

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by DarkOne, May 16, 2013.

1. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

All of the children's voice overs were awful.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

They were worse in 2033; There they sounded British :p

3. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

and literally all the kids looked the same and had the same voice actor XD kinda creepy

4. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe it has something to do with the men:women ratio :D

5. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

6. Dudebot121256

Dudebot121256 Member

My favorite character has to be Pavel. I think he's the most interesting character with multiple traits.

7. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

better than skyrims :laugh:

8. Lastlight98

Lastlight98 New Member

No doubt panel is the best musketeers for life

9. BlinDog

BlinDog Member

My favorite characters

My favorite characters are the Little Dark one becouse he is so cute :D and so wise for his short life when he don't understand something that is just cute :D
    And Lurkers :D they are awesome! like a dogs ! :D they are leading you to the hidden places yeah they attack you but dont kill you... if is not much of them...
    In metro 2033 my most favorite character was Ulman for his lot of jokes and his quotes but in Last Light he died and haven't any funny joke or quote :(
    another is Khan he is like my teacher or another father he is so wise and everything :D he is so cool :D his quotes are just legendary in philosophical sense :)
    The Fisherman was to good when he must throw his cigaret to the box of granades and he didn't want :D or "what do you think about our fish... Aren't they charming? :D

And Ofcourse Pavel even he betray me i could not kill him he was just Athos :D
    if will be a continuing of the Artyom's story i want him in it :D

10. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

Favourite Metro 2033 character: Ulman, Bourbon
    Last Light: Artyom, Anna, Dark Ones, Pavel.

11. HansaMan

HansaMan New Member

For Last Light... Anna... purely because I wished they would end up together, and so, wished she had better build up with Artyom before that quarantine quickie... her roughness with Artyom was classic ship fuel.

As for Pavel, I loved his character first, and his "tak-tak-tak" suddenly became one of my utterances. Although, I commend the game's story telling in completely reversing my love for him. When given the choice of saving him, I thought "this guy's just gonna pull a fast one again," so I decided to leave him. Then, after a few seconds, I changed my mind thinking that would be a fate worse than death, but I was too late. Was inches away from saving him when the vision ended.

Metro 2033 game ---> Ulman: "Citizens of the Metro!!!!!!"
    Metro 2033 novel ---> Melnik (Miller)... he was a bad ass old man... need I say more?

12. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

hold the phone you LIKED anna
    so did i

13. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Pavel and he wasn't a traitor really, as he said, he was doing it for the reds and he would be red 'till the day he died and he tried to make sure Artyom wasn't treated harshly although that plan went to s**t when russian hitler came onto the scene and also the dark one said he was sad, as I kept dying trying to take Pavel out, I hoped I could save him like Letninstky although he was a traitor

14. JohnnyKhan

JohnnyKhan New Member

It may sound strange but some of my favourite character were the shadows in The Dead City.

Also I loved The River as this mystical entente

15. Gyrate

Gyrate Active Member

I personally did not played any of the games but I watched several walktroughs. Being a sociable person, I always like to know people around me or a good mate coming with me right next to my right shoulder. (khm...Anna? I hope you hear this. Rabbits, rabbits everywhere!)

I don't like it when it's quite, especially in an environment like the Metro. I liked every character even the two dimensional ones, because in my option they are needed.

First, because with this perspective, others being much more interesting because they are distinguishable. Second, because 2D characters can be explained more when they needed. They are some kind of source for the story.

Maybe some of the older ones are a bit worse then they were but, this is can happened because of 3 things.
    1. Their character reached it's limits.
    2. Need to leave space for the new ones.
    3. Simply just doesn't important for this part of the story.

Everyone who came back from the previous was nice. Glad to see your "old" friends. The new ones, even if they're sometimes doesn't seems to be friendly, are all welcome. In the Metro you don't just folly trust everyone.

16. FrontierPsychiatrist

I dont entirely know why everyone is so fond of Anna. Personally, the way she treated Artyom like an incompotent fool at the beginning is something that I held as a grudge against her until the end. I felt as if Artyom would have been personally offended by her verbal communication with him considering the length he went to to save the Metro in 2033. What was even worse, in my opinion, was when they forced the romance on the character so quickly. Granted, she did apoligize, but she knew what Artyom did and had no reason to talk to him like a child in the beginning.

Also, I wasnt a big fan of the transition they made for Khan. I understand it, but it felt as if he wasnt the same character anymore. I still loved him, but they made him seem siginificantly less wise.

Anyway, I will admit, I loved Pavel up until he betrayed you. I defeiitely didnt see that one coming. Origionally, I did want to kill him, but I figured that that would be a fate worse than death so I spared the fellow M`usketeer. That being said, my favorite characters are as follows:

1.)Pavel/The Dark One
    2.)Kahn
    3.) The fisherman who somewhat resembled Grucho Marx

17. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

That is the best thing I have ever seen.

18. Because_I'm_Batman

Pavel's easily one of my favorite characters, not in just the metro series, but in video games in general in recent years.

19. Scribbles

Scribbles Member

There's a lot of Metro characters that I adore, the writers are great at character development and staying away from generic character types that have been done again and again.

I really like Khan because I know whenever I go somewhere with him he's going to be taking me on a crazy, ghost-filled adventure. I always really enjoy those segments of the game. He's also pretty wise and understands a lot of things that most people in the Metro don't.

Pavel is cool too. I think they did a great job making his character. You were supposed to be musketeer bros for life but then he has to betray you because of his duty to his station. I felt pretty shocked when that happened but realized he did it under orders and I've done some terrible things under orders (like blasting the Dark Ones to smithereens). It was pretty heart wrenching when you meet him at Red Square and the little Dark One is saying that Pavel isn't angry, he's sad. Pavel didn't want any of that, no one did. I couldn't bring myself to kill him. Musketeers for life, buddy.

Moskvin was well done too. When I first met him I thought he was a total nut but turns out he was manipulated and I felt a lot of pity for him. He had been tricked into murdering his own brother. Korbut was such a snake...

20. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

my favourite character from LL is Anna, very funny at the beginning, and she is a woman, nice, she can use weapons and is very skilled, and she makes Artyom happy :)
    Khan and the little Dark One are favourites too