Your expectations for this game

Discussion in 'No Man's Sky' started by GlacialDoom, Dec 27, 2015.

1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

What are your expectations for this game? Do you think it will have a lot of content? Sure, it will have almost an infinity of planets, but will it actually have some interesting gameplay, or will it be a tedious grind?

Will you buy it when it launches or will you wait for the reviews?

Personally, I don't think it'll have a lot of things to do, and I'm afraid that the developers will focus on the multitude of planets as a selling point, forgetting all the other aspects of the game.

2. PackmanHD

PackmanHD Member

I'm so uncertain of what to expect from this game. On one hand its an insanely cool concept, and it just seems cool that you can be somewhere that no one else has ever been to before.

But then on the other hand, yes, this does sound like it could be quite tedious. Its hard to think of what kind of motivation will be offered for you to continue at slow parts of the game.

I think I'm definitely going to have to wait to see the reviews of the game, because like you, I also think the developers might just use the concept of the game as their main selling point.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not that informed when it comes to this game but the concept seems relatively unique. Not sure what to think!

4. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think we have enough information about this game to know what to make of it just yet. First person survival game doesn't interest me as much, but the prospect of "the biggest world in gaming" to explore is just way too intriguing not to consider more carefully. It also seems like there's a lot of attention to art in this game, and I'm just a sucker for games with good visual presentation.

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm excited for it, but we really don't know enough about the game yet. It will surely have a lot of content, but whether that content will be detailed enough is the question considering the use of procedural generation. Then again that's really the only way to make a huge world in game without going broke, especially in this day and age.

6. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is going to be a horrible game, it is not a game, just an experiment on how to create generic, repetitive maps. Seriously, it was horrible in Spore and it will be horrible in this game. It sounds cool in theory, but who is going want to visit all these planets that have nothing except slightly recolored models you have already seen on every other planet. Oh great, the sky is a slightly different shade of pink on this planet..

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm expecting surprises. This game is still clouded in mistery, just like the universe itself in real life. :p
    They said how the game is but it's like they're hiding something, you know? I hope there's enough variety to keep me interested in figuring out what's going on behind this game!

8. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that this game has A LOT of potential. From what I've seen of it, it's essentially Minecraft with a science-fiction twist. I think that it has the potential to be an incredibly big hit, but I also think that it could flop pretty hard. They're advertising a very unique, smooth, realistic experience. People have very high expectations that I just don't think the game could possibly be able to reach.

9. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I will definitely be getting NO Man's sky on release. I expect a very deep exploration game with elements of the sandbox builders such as Minecraft or Space Engineers. Either way it should be fun, just being able to fly through space and transition from space through the atmosphere alone for me is going to be awesome because its something that is so rarely done in gaming.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

From what I gather it is just a Minecraft type game with a science fiction twist to it, and I have to say that it sounds pretty cool to me. I like the whole idea of being able to move through space and surely that opens up a whole host of entertaining scenarios and possibilities, which means that I have a lot of expectations for the game...hopefully not too many though.

11. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dont really have enough info to give a strong analysis but I know was impressed when I first saw it debut at the Sony conference at E3. To have the game environment load up that quick astounded me that and the game looks huge. But something tells me that after the initial boom period I haven't seen to much else that will keep people playing for months on end, something tells me that after a while there will be a lot of dead unexplored places that will have no chance of ever getting explored and that the game could be something of a white elephant for Sony

12. Kalabrink

Kalabrink Member
    Regular

From what I remember, this game was supposed to be some huge life simulation or space exploration game. I thought you would have the option to customize planets and the creatures that lived on them. I was surprised to find that this game is just going to be a space exploration game. I was looking forward to the sandbox elements.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the online play with friends could be cool and the Sentinels attacking you adds a bit of excitement. But with 18 quintillion procedurally generated planets, you're bound to run into some repetition of the same environments. It's a cool idea, but I don't know how long I could keep playing it. It's an ambitious game for a small indie company.

14. AndyDev

AndyDev New Member

The reasons why I'm worried about the success of no man sky was very similar to the worries of Minecraft. Because of that logic I'm not too sure if I should be worried as procedural generation tends to bring up 'tedious gameplay' as a side effect. We will have to see how they avoid that. I will probably wait awhile. Games like H1Z1 and DayZ were very hyped but were not exactly what we were looking for in that specific procedural generated genre.

15. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

Words cannot express how excited I am for this game. It's got everything I've been longing for in a space game, I love that the focus is more on exploring than on "epic" space battles. I am more than a little worried that it might get too ambitious and flop, just like Spore did, however.

16. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think what happened with the game is that they are spending so much time and effort trying to make a universe that is huge, that they are skimping on the actual gameplay mechanisms and sandbox features. Everything they talk about now is just ´huge universe´

17. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

My hype for No Man's Sky has deflated a lot as it seems like it has been years since proper news has come out for it. Now that Star Citizen is finally maturing into a full game and that it will have procedurally generated worlds like No Man's Sky as well as an MMO structure like EVE online. That's just me though.

18. Summertime

Summertime Member
    Regular

Eh these days I just don't get caught up in the hype, and I usually go into new games with no expectations whatsoever. I'd say this one could be good though, but I felt the same way about the first 7 COD's. -_-

19. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

I am looking forward playing this game. I think it is going to be very good and will provide us, gamers, a wonderful gaming experience. You should try it out when it is released.

20. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

If it can actually deliver what was shown on the Stephen Colbert show, I'm really expecting a LOT from this game.The idea of a procedurally generated Universe seems insanely cool, and travelling aimlessly from planet to planet, discovering new life and civilisations in them has been a lifelong fantasy of mine.