Quantcast

Your best Final Fantasy game.

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by William Quah, Dec 21, 2013.

1. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

FF X was the very first FF game I've ever played and I think it was my favorite. But I like all FF because I watched my sisters played it several times.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

I personally view Final Fantasy X as the best. The story, the characters, the gameplay, the soundtrack, and the graphics are great. I've had my PS2 copy since the early 2000's, and I've replayed the game a few times over the years. That's how much I love that game. I was really happy when it got an HD remaster.

3. elchobo

elchobo Member Regular

I was surprised by how much I had enjoyed IX.
    I enjoyed the older Final Fantasy games. Primarily III and VI. When VII and VIII came out, the futuristic setting felt kind of foreign to me, but they were enjoyable games nonetheless.
    Going back to the... I'm not sure what to call it... medieval? (there was castles and knights) age with IX was a refreshing return. I feel like this is the time period fits best with the Final Fantasy series.
    With that being said, I am also surprised how much I enjoyed the Final Fantasy XV demo. To be honest, it doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game at all, but it was fun. The combat was engaging, and the open world aspect (like FFXII) is nice. I am really excited for it, and I wouldn't be surprised if it became my favourite when it comes out.

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy VI. Even when I thought I liked VII better, I'm pretty sure I secretly liked VI more. The cast is great, the game play is great, the story is great, the villain is great, and unlike so many other Final Fantasy titles it manages to not fly off the rails in the last act. (Unless you consider the world ending 'flying off the rails', but I think it worked really well in this case.)

Also loved IX. The characters and setting are awesome. But... off the rails a bit by the end. (Still not 100% on who the hell Necron was supposed to be.)

5. galactica

galactica Member Regular

IX is the only one I haven't played. Everyone seems to love it though, so I want to.

X is probably the one I've played the most (arena grinding), but VII gives me the strongest nostalgia and feels. Can't wait to get the remake.

6. Verity Darkwaters

Verity Darkwaters Member Regular

As much as I enjoyed 7 and 8, Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite. The one with Terra and Kefka. I don't know why, it has always been my favorite. The characters had so much development and formed such a strong relationship with one another. The espers were interesting, the war, the politics. It was truly amazing to me.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

My favorite is Final Fantasy 8 although I think objectively I would rank Crisis Zcore higher. I haven't played many other FF titles though so I don't know how these two compare to them but I did have a lot of fun playing these and I really hope I can replay them again someday. Hopefully there will be an hd remake of some sort for both of these.

8. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member Regular

Basically, all FF games are very nice and it is very difficult to choose 'the best'.