Quantcast

Your best Final Fantasy game.

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by William Quah, Dec 21, 2013.

1. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I think Final Fantasy 8 is the best because of the story and characters. The song was very beautiful too. Final Fantasy X comes a close second and Final Fantasy 7 is third on my list.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would say 7 after playing it I fell in love with the FF franchise X was good to, but I think after that the series went downhill.

3. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I love Final Fantasy 8, I even found myself replaying it a couple of years ago. The card game in it was so addictive, I would sometimes play the game just so I could get to the card battles. I really liked IX, too after finally being able to play it.

4. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

My favorite Final Fantasy games will always be 5 and 6. Final Fantasy 6 was especially one that grew on me because it was the only game to this very day where EVERY character you used could have easily been considered the main character.

Each one had story development and no character outshined the other. Final Fantasy 6 is a game that shows how a rpg should be make story wise.

5. forte210392

forte210392 Active Member

My favorite was Final Fantasy: War of the Lions. I've always had a thing for medieval themed games, with knights and squires. And it did have a pretty decent storyline. However, what hooked me the most was the tactical element in its game play.

6. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, the one I considered best isn't one of the main titles.
    The one I held in high regards is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
    A turn-based strategy game with great plot, and tons of weapons and skills for you to play around with. I think this is the one Final Fantasy game that I spent the longest time playing.
    It's sad that this game is not receiving wider recognition :(

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

[​IMG]
    It's Final Fantasy 8 for me too. The graphics were absolutely stunning especially the CG cinematics. Though the story isn't the best in terms of RPG standards, it was still very memorable because it had a lot of interesting characters. The places that the players explore are also all very beautiful. I felt so much joy when playing this game before. It was a masterpiece far exceeding that of FFVII IMO.

8. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy IX will forever be my favorite, it just did so many things so damn well. I find it to be superior to the rest in almost every way.

That said, I do enjoy most FF, including XIII, but yeah. IX is just the best the series has had to offer for me.

9. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I've only played 5 final fantasy titles, and they were all good, but if I had to choose the least good, it would have to be Final fantasy 8, just becasue the story wasn't the most captivating of all the titles I've played...

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

The more I play of Final Fantasy: Type-0 The more I reallllly like it. It's a toss up between that and Final Fantasy 8 for me.

11. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

The most memorable FF game of the series would have to be Final Fantasy 6. be Final Fantasy 6 is known as Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES. I felt it had deep character stories and memorable story arc combined with beautiful music. There was an emotional aspect to the overall game that I became attached to, especially the characters involved. There was success and tragedy, something everyone can identify with.

FF7 came in second place because again, characters, story, music all fit well together.

12. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Thanks for the reminder that the fan translation is out, I gotta check that out. That game looks super awesome!

13. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy IX was such a good game and I've played it countless times. I didn't think it was going to be so difficult to pick a favorite but after sitting here thinking for 5 minutes, it was pretty hard, because all of the games are so dear to me haha.

14. skullalif

skullalif Member

Some may disagree, but i'd go for FF XII, just because the boundary between reality and fantasy in the game was played really well in my opinion, it is also difficult enough to induce effort towards the game just as its predecessors (which i don't seem to find in the FF XIII).

15. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I highly enjoyed IX. Zidane was such an upbeat main character without being obnoxious like Tidus in 10. There was a certain levity in 9 along with the more serious elements that came off as a seamless combination. There was more of an emotional high and low that I experienced more so than 7, 8 or 10. The graphics were also pretty awesome and it was a good balance that Square struck with graphics and storytelling with 9.

16. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

My favourites are this ones and in this order 7>9>6>8>4>10 and I have played to all of them since the Lightning returns (I haven't played the ones from before the 4 so I can't talk about them).
    In my point of view, VII has the best story (which is the most important), VI the best antagonist (Sephiroth is cool but Kefka is GOD xD), VIII the best ost (I love those themes) and IX the most charming because it's like a tale *__*

17. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Final Fantasy Tactics for the Playstation takes my top spot. I never played VII, I liked X, and I even liked 13.

18. goncalogdct

goncalogdct New Member

I will always love Final Fantasy IX. It is still my favorite game nowadays. I really loved the setting and characters. I also love the music, and I think it is the best work of Nobuo Uematsu, surpassing every other by a lot.
    I also liked VII and VIII. That was the golden era for Final Fantasy. X was good, but after that I think the quality lowered a lot, I mean XIII was a glorified movie. You almost don't need your controller to play :p

19. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy IX for me was the best, it wasn't being over-harped at the time of playing it so I got to enjoy the game without any outside opinions on it. It also had characters that I found to be interesting and the storytelling style was commendable for the gameplay itself.

20. mmchayle

mmchayle Member

FF8 for the win. Its storytelling combined with characters made the game my all time favorite. Squall will always be my favorite character no matter what.