you know you have played too much metro 2033 when

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by stevetheranger, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

... when you watch a video at school about electricity, and all you can think about through the whole video is "METRO!" because of one very short scene where a train drives out of a tunnel :p

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I may have already said this but...

... You know you have been playing too much Metro when you end up relating it to ANYTHING that comes up in conversation.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You know you have played too much Metro 2033 when you get worried after seeing the CoDified gameplay of Last Light.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

You know you have played too much Metro2033 when you get en eerie feeling as the train you're on enters the undergroundsystem.

Really, I took the train alone for the first time in my life today to Norway's capital, and the train drove through lots of tunnels underground. It was almost like I was looking out the windows to see if I could spot some mutants :p Ironically, I was reading the Metro2033 book whilst this happened, and I had never thought about, or planning, for the two engage with each other :p Really, standing there underground in the looooong and huge underground station, standing at the end of it, looking into the dark tunnel, feeling the cold wind that smells of debris and metal, coming from the tunnel... That was just an awesome moment. Felt just like being in the Metro! When I went down the roller-stairs (Dunno what they're called in English), I could just feel the smell getting more powerful and the cool air surrounding me and I could see more and more of the station and the traintracks, and the dark tunnel-entrances. Maaan, I really did get this eerie feeling all over me. That was totally awesome! :D

Funny enough, I've never ever met another person in real life who's also interested in metro. When I was reading the book on the train, some guy came over and sat in front of me, and was like "You're reading the book of the game?". He said he had just recently gotten Metro2033 when buying the Humble bundle, and I said that he should definitely be looking forward to play it. Then he went on and on about THQ and their financial crysis and Last Light..... Man, it was like he was taken straight from the forums here! :D

5. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

They're called escalators.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Same here; the only people who I know that like Metro 2033 were the school friends whom I showed it to and convinced to buy the game. :lol: Unfortunately, none of them bought the book (the ones who did get the game aren't very avid readers). Btw, that sounds like an awesome experience. :D

7. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

hey bamul when i get some cash im getting the book off a u.k site is it good

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The book is great! The translation to English isn't the smoothest ever (I found that reading anything Metro was much better in Polish), but the core material is still the same and the story is awesome. :)

9. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is it good? :p Do you hear this guy?
    Just messin' with ya. :) It's brilliant, I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely.

You know you've played too much Metro when you see a large bird and the think 'Some people call them demons, I call them beetches'. :p

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Really? Wow, that makes me wonder how much of a rich language Polish must be, because I am reading the book, (Only read 10 pages so far, but yet) I think that it is very very well written. It's a special kind of style of writing that I like and can easily understand, yet not only understand, but understand-understand. I don't know how to put it :p Refreshing ways of writing, I'd say.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, I can only compare Polish to English (and the very little bits of Russian that I've learned). Polish and Russian, just like most Slavic languages, hagve a lot in common.

In my opinion, Polish is a much more beautiful language than English. However, that is also one of its downsides. I'll use a metaphor that I've told one of my relatives before when they asked me about this, though bear in my mind that this is completely based on my own opinion and my own experiences with the two languages. :)

To me, Polish is like a flower. It grows only in some places and can be really beautiful when looked after properly, but it requires a lot of attention if you want it to endure harsh conditions. On the other hand, English is a lot like grass. It will never be quite as attractive as a flower, but you can find it almost everywhere; you don't have to look after it as much and it will still survive.

In short: what I mean to say is that I love Polish for its complexity & beauty, but I love English too - though for its simplicity & versatility. However, I also sometimes hate both of these languages for the same reasons as to why I like them. :lol:

12. Eragon20

Eragon20 Member

when you play the theme tune on your guitar and when you buy £500 airplane ticket to Moskow

13. James the tunnel rat

You know you play too much metro when, when the "make your own country" project comes up in civics and you name yours Hanza

14. Wandering Metroperson

Wandering Metroperson Active Member

You know you played two much metro when you buy a helmet a M10 gasmask and some metal and fuse them together to create a ranger helmet oh and some goggles

15. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

When you have over 120 hours of 2033 gametime logged on Steam.

16. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

You know that you've played too much metro for the first time without knowing too much of the game's background when you're from the U.S. and meet a guy from Russia named Artyom/Artem, without knowing his surname, and automatically hope that his dad might be Dmitry Glukhovsky.

-Yeah I know, it's pretty stupid and far-fetched, but I had hoped that Artem from my school was the son of Dmitry and that his father based the leading character from 2033, on his son. :p

17. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

about to go outside- think: about to go to the surface... maybe i'll live to see the summer

18. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

When you drop $500+ dollars into cosplay and various Russian words become part of your everyday vocabulary; and the VSK-94 becomes your favorite rifle.

19. Vic

Vic Well-Known Member

You know you have played too much metro 2033 when you dream every night that you're Artyom.

20. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

When you prepare for nuclear war, in a bunker