Xbox Reveal 21st May

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by HarleyQuinn, May 20, 2013.

1. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator

[​IMG]
    The announcement for the next gen Xbox is coming tomorrow. There are a slew of rumors surrounding its launch announcement. What do you want to see out of this console?

2. Chimera Knight

Chimera Knight Well-Known Member

Things I'd like them to reveal/discuss:

- Show the console
    - Price
    - Always Online Debacle
    - Used Games Policy
    - Make services such as Netflix not tied to Live Gold
    - Add features like what PS+ offers to Live Gold or get rid of it
    - Show games to get me excited. New IPs please. Right now they are suppose to show FIFA, CoD: Ghosts, Forza, UFC

However, I expect them to not reveal the price, side-step the always online/used games rumours for now, focus on tv services, and try to get us excited for Kinect 2.0. And probably increase the price of Live Gold while they're at it. 360 has been the console I mostly use for games, but Microsoft and the games industry as a whole are going to have to change their ways and try really hard to get me excited about the new consoles. Sony already failed to do that with the PS4 reveal. As of now I'm content with what I have.

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Doesn't matter, will still be a mini pc that will eventually hold gaming back.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Achoo eliteist

5. Sharkey

Sharkey Well-Known Member

I'm just glad to finally put to rest all of these conflicting rumors, well at least some, I'm sure a lot of details won't be revealed until E3 as well. =P

Still, Sony totally sold me on the promise of the PS4, they really have their act together this time.

6. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Why do I feel like I'll be really hyped for Call of duty?... It's the same shit with a half assed name.

7. TotalAaron

Their marketing is working

8. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Damn them... Damn them!

9. TotalAaron

hey cods not that bad

10. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Black Ops 2 was...

11. TotalAaron

MW3 was :) as for thestalker= yes last light was so bad because of consoles ;)

12. Things I'd like them to admit:

- "Next gen" consoles are middle-range PCs and as such are outdated even before the release.

That is all.

But I bet it's going to be "console pride and supremacy" all over again. I enjoyed the devs bashing the last generation for a couple years, after praising them for half a decade.

"Next step in evolution, it's the future!"

#Fast forward two months#

"Well, actually they are rusty anchors slowing down progress..."

13. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

LL wasn't bad, because it's a great game for the standards of these days, but a lot of games like Battlefield were turned into shitty and limited games.
    Do you know why in 1 year DICE made only 3-4 patches? Because you can't publish more than a certain number of updates, if you reach the limit you must pay to publish patches.
    I don't remember if $ony did that, but i am sure about Micro$oft.
    The only good thing about PS4 and this new xbox is that games will have better graphics and will be more optimized, other than that in my opinion they will still suck.
    Oh and i'm not a fanboy, i have a PS3 myself but i mainly use PC because it's better for me.

14. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Hey I quite liked the different endings you could get in the campaign.

15. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

The campaign was pretty good.

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Elitest? it's a FACT. A console will use mid range hardware, now they can't be upgraded. 6 years of that = hardwares is a HUGE anchor on gaming. Not just graphics either, it limits the immersion and world.

17. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

i play on an xbox, and i love it! It seems to me if youre a PC gamer you need a good working knowledge of computers ...and i dont! My xbox cost far less than a pc, it works straight out the box, i've never had to buy memory or a graphics card to play a new game. Metro Last Light looks f**King great on my full HD 32" tv, and i'm not even using the HD input! There seems to be pages of problems running MLL on here from pc gamers, but i havnt had a single problem.

But, each to their own as they say, i know how much some of you guys love your pcs..! So back to the topic...

Seems to me the controllers for consoles have changed very little over the years. So some innovation there would be good. i love my wireless controller, but the fact i have to put batteries in / charge it up seems a little outdated. Rumble packs were a great immersive feature, but what next? The relationship between the handheld unit and onscreen action with the WiiU zombieU looked like a promising way forward, especially for military games..

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

not to start a war *my last comment disapeered sadly so i must re write this :(*
    but that's a TON of misconceptions, 1 pc works out of the box as well. 2 you don't need tons of knowledge, you can get all the knowledge to set it up and upgrade in a 1 hour video. 3 you don't need to upgrade quite a bit, once every 2-3 years is enough to run most games on medium to max, 4 it'll look even better on pc :p. pc is actually more stable and easier to upgrade if codded propberly. I havn't had a single glitch on my pc version of last light either, but people have had glitches on xbox and pc too :p.
    ALso the pc would not be far more expensive. WHy? you can't use your xbox to do homework, actual work, come here, or browse the web. A gaming pc can. Lets say 300 for the console and 250 for your current pc. that's 550. add 50 more and you've got 600. enough for a mid end pc which can max most games.
    Though consoles do have some advantages, I just wanted to clear your mis conceptions. also the name xbox one is retarded.

19. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Ok so the new Call of Duty has some graphical stuff that has been done for years on PCs. Hell, Medal of Honor Warfighter looks better than a lot of the gameplay showed. But in some way it is my most anticipated Call of Duty since Black Ops. Maybe it's because I like the setting? I don't know. But I look forward to it.