Would you...

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by mevsthor, Nov 12, 2013.

1. mevsthor

mevsthor Active Member

Would you recommend the game to someone who has never played? What are some thing about it that you like that you'd mention to someone that has never played?

2. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

In all honesty mate, closed beta keys are only really just being handed out so all in all I think this is a bit a too early to ask this question kind of thing.

tinybutnotfangless likes this.
  3. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

even so closed Betas are temporary, the full game will be out soon... would you recommend it?

4. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

I think you need to try this game. It is a exciting one and you will love it:)

5. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would definitely recommend Wildstar to anyone new to MMORPGs. It is much more accessible then even WoW, and it is really user friendly and easy to play for anyone just starting out. Highly recommended.

6. mopli

mopli Active Member
    Regular

The leveling and story is just magnificent. I really recommend you just to explore the world and enjoy the combat. Those two are pretty good in this game. If you manage to get to the endgame then you should definitely try to raid. I say it's never too late to join a MMO!

7. IgCho

IgCho Active Member
    Regular

Is it relatively easy to get into for new players? I've played a bunch of MMO's, and there are plenty that aren't overly friendly to new players.

8. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wildstar is more challenging than a lot of traditional, modern-day MMO's, so it might not be the best choice for new players. On the other hand, it does do a good job at easing new players into the gameplay and mechanics, and well, it's free - So it's worth giving a shot if you have the time.

9. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only dabbled with Wildstar when it was in Beta, but there are some fun things about it. Just the movement is fun with the double jump thing.

I've heard that the questing is more interesting than in other games as well. I think the combat takes a little getting used to, but it's interesting.

Some people love challenge. Others, not so much. Wildstar also has player housing too, so it seems like there is something for everyone.

#9 thisnthat, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  10. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

First before I can recommend the movie, I have to watch it thoroughly, a thing I'm yet to do anyway.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

No not really. That is partly just me being generally the person who does not like to push things onto other people, but even so, this one is not worth that much effort.

12. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you can safely make a recommendation without actually "pushing" things on people. I mean, especially if someone asks about good games, and you like Wildstar, why not say so? To me, that doesn't seem like pushing.

I would just try my best to give an honest assessment. I'd tell both the good and the bad. I think games that offer something for everyone (Like Wildstar does) are worth mentioning. It's free to play now anyway, so they really have nothing to lose. If they don't like it, they can just stop playing and they won't be out anything.

13. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

One way to push a game to people who are just getting to hear about it newly would be to start talking about the game in a striking and very interesting manner. Leave the person to begin to imagine how great the game probably is.

14. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would never recommend this game anyone, ever. I heard the developers wanted to distance themselves from anything to do with WoW, which turned out to be the dumbest thing they could ever do.

15. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

Why would the devs want to distance themselves with WoW when it is arguably the biggest mmo of all time? Wildstar was a massive fail though.

Ruse likes this.
  16. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is true, Wildstar was massive failure! lol. Thank the gods the they cut their links with WoW because the game is on a whole different level.

17. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have never played Wildstar but I remember the game getting a ton of hype before the release. Since its release I have heard nothing but bad things about the game. So I would never recommend Wildstar as a mmo to try.

18. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was almost wanting to play the game while reading the first few comments of how good the game is. But the last few comments say otherwise. I might now need to play and find out for myself if it is a game I would recommend.

19. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

Never trust word of mouth. Find out for yourself.

20. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with. That is definitely what I will do but sometimes word of mouth is important especially if a game needs spending money on it.

Ruse likes this.