Would you be interested in a single player game built like a MMORPG?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Azrile, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

If it's set up like GW1, then a sub wouldn't be required. The way GW1 was created was that all the heavy lifting was done on the player's computer and personal broadband. GW1 costs were so minimal with support such as servers, ect that Anet continues to support GW1 because of that fact. It's actually not as bad as you'd think if it's done right. Purely cosmetic only micro transactions and full priced expansion packs can keep a game like that going as long as core mechanics, content and gameplay aren't messed with. It's possible.

AsiaCS likes this.
  2. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

Final Fantasy 12 is basically this and I had a lot of fun with it.

3. AsiaCS

AsiaCS Member
    Regular

I essentially play MMORPGs like they're single player. The only people I ever grouped up with was my mom and my significant other. I would love an MMORPG-type game for single player. I get that there are mods for TESO games as well as DLCs but it's not the same feel. The DLCs are never enough and I've never really gotten in to trying mods. Someone just handing me the thing I want is how I like it, even if I have to pay a little extra for it.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I think Final Fantasy Online is like that, though now that I think of it, so is Vindictus. We get a new "episode" every so many months, which is pretty nice. We're also getting our level cap raised from 90 to 120! So, yeah I think they "single player" mmo is what I like!

5. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say that as long as the story and the characters are well thought out and there is a good game play flow and good graphics, then it would be a fun way to spend some time. It might take a little getting used to, but it would be fun. I think that there are probably some good examples of something close out there, but nothing is coming to mind quite yet.

6. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I for one would love a single player built like an MMORPG. It just means a lot to explore and plenty of things to do in the game to keep things interesting.