Would it be possible.....?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Jet Odessa, May 21, 2012.

1. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I know this is not Stalker, but it would be nice if Artyom would need to eat, drink and sleep to recover his stamina/strengeth, so to speak.

also, as it has already been suggested, if he could explore more, like Polis, or even overground Moscow, where he could hunt not only for ammo/weapons/filters but food/rations as well (tin food obviously!)

even having a decay/repair system for weapons?

IMHO it would be awsome.

#1 Jet Odessa, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  2. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Yeah it might be good. It would add some PRG elements to the game, but metro 2033 was kinda short game and if metro wont be as twice longer then i don see the point of adding those, because player is orented to the story not how hungry Artyom feels atm :)

P.S. exploring the stations and other locatios was discussed a lot of times.

3. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I think they're sticking to their FPS roots for Last Light. There won't be a weapon decaying system, and there will (most likely) not be a food/drink system. I would love to see it; hardcore mode in Fallout New Vegas was awesome, but the developing studio probably won't include those kinds of features.

4. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

The weapon jamming system should be a MUST.

5. unbreakable_mind

Weapon jamming is too harcore for me. My manhood feels threatened by all those monsters attacking me while my weapon is jammed.

Would it be possible to include a scene where I'm taking a leak/dump and a Nosalis jump out of nowhere? Make it more interesting, some crazy hobo is fapping and gets killed by a nosalis. Horror movie material right there. Hire me Hollywood.

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

yup,indeed

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

However much I would like that, the scenario of going through an abandoned station while getting jumped at by lurkers, already wasting precious ammo, and the gun jams, causing instant death as you can't defend yourself, keeps popping up in my head :(

8. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

It would be interesting to have Artyom eating/sleeping etc, but he is always on the move, so they could instead just incorporate it into the stations he rests at. Maybe you could walk up to a bar and just eat something, just as a little side detail (maybe it costs one bullet, like changing the record in Metro 2033).

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

It would have to be something small like Von said, yes. The Metro game(s) is mostly about the storyline that you follow. It's not like roleplay or Stalker :p

10. Red Aegis

Red Aegis Well-Known Member

I like the idea of making it optional at the bars. That would probably be the best scenario for them to put into the game to answer that question. If there were weapon decay that would not be realistic for the most part. It could be incorporated into the story but other than that guns don't decay as rapidly enough for that system to make sense unless they're really abused, which is why it would be a plot point. I do like the jamming idea though.

11. Jet Odessa

yeah, having the option of eating at the bar and having food with him to gain stamina, and being able to rent a sleeping space at friendly/neutral stations would be good, for example a couple of bullets or something like that for sleeping and 1 bullet for something to eat. if there were a stamina system where it goes down if you don't rest/eat would be quite good. In RL, when you are tired, you need to rest/eat to recover. in this case if Artyom has been fighting hostiles and/or running for his life, it will come to a point where he will get tired and become less efficient, so resting/eating will seriously improve his chances of survival.

the idea of sleeping in some creepy, abandoned station really doesn't appeal to me!

regarding weapons jamming, you always have a backup with you, pistol/revolver and shotgun/pneumatic plus the grenades, so you would never be out of options, and there is always the knife as a last resort!

guns do decay in harsh enviroments and the possibility of keeping them in mint condition in the metro enviroment can be quite difficult.

#11 Jet Odessa, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
  12. amd955ben560

People of the metro, do not be afraid of the gun jamming system as its a vital step to post-apocalyptic environment emulation.

13. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Comm on guys, the dev stated that they want to make at least as long as metro 2033 and metro 2033 wasnt one of the longest games. Metro games is mostly focused of action , enviroment, mutants and Khans latin knowleage ( :D ) and you guys want Artyom as some Bear Grylls. Then maybe idea of drinking his own piss would appeal to as you know there isnt a lot of drinkable water in the metro ( well atleast if you dont want to have 3 legs and 2 heads :laugh: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Metro isn't an rpg or sandbox game having stamina bars and replenish-able health potions wont work.

15. amd955ben560

Lol one thing should definitely be there, with time the gun should do reduced damage since the barrel of the gun would rust, etc under such harsh atmospheric conditions,

and you'd just have to include an animation of Artyom opening the gun and replacing the barrel, etc, doesn't sound that hard.

16. Ranger_of_the_new_world

If you want to repalce your gun barrel in the most models you need to extact most of the gun components so this inst possible in the heat of the battle. And i dont see why your gun barrel should get demaged by the weather as AK could take much more than simple rain drops ;D

17. amd955ben560

Even 30 years of inactivity is too much for soviet objects :p

Its not like they're making new AKs.

18. Jet Odessa

take a look at the bastard, it does overheat and you have to reload it to keep firing. with weapons jamming is the same. soviet weapons are very good, but they still decay with humidity, like they have in the metro, and lots of it for that mater.

regarding eating/sleeping, I know is not a sandbox/rpg, but it would be a good feature to add imho.

19. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

And how about..they leave it as it is? No gun jamming and food/stamina crap? The gameplay was really good in Metro 2033,just fix what needs to be fixed.Trowing random ideas just because they are cool in other games and just for the sakes of it? None of this will work in Metro Last Light,because the game is not about realism,but about immersion.No,i don't think trying to unjam my weapon while a bunch of Lurkers or Nosalis are trying to chew off my ass is immersive.
    Just leave it as it is,guys.We already saw some little features (like wiping out dirt off of your mask and the digital clock) and others are bound to be found when the game is ready.
    I'd hate to see another favorite franchise of mine to die because of broken ideas.

20. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

I second Keegan83's post. And the fact that they're adding an unnecessary multiplayer is already enough bad ideas for one game.