Worst MMORPG You've Played

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by TheViper, Nov 11, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

I am tired of seeing the best this or that you've played. What is the worst mmorpg you've ever played? I have yet to experience a mmorpg that i didn't like to some degree. I wonder how you guys fair.

2. jcannon

jcannon Member

I really, really didn't care for World of Warcraft. It just felt like grinding to me.

There was also this animal focused MMORPG that I can't recall the name of, but while it was aimed at younger kids, the animals were all incredibly "sexy". It was oddly disturbing.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't think you have been playing a lot of mmo's their are some really bad ones out their and if you can justify that they are worth spending time on more power to you two games that come to mind are NFS World, and Rappelz.

4. TheViper

TheViper Well-Known Member

There was some kind of animal based one but I can't recall the name either. I guess you have to change what I said in the original post. That MMORPG is on the list ones that I hate. It was just so stupid and silly that it makes me cringe.

5. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I tried playing Age of Wushu for a few days. I think I gave it enough time to grow on me, but I really didn't like the game at all. I haven't tried a lot of MMORPG games but among the few that I've tried, Age of Wushu is in the bottom of my list.

6. CaptainWoodzy

CaptainWoodzy Member

Furcadia? I played that one and it was indeed really, really crappy. It just felt so goofy and it indeed made me cringe.

7. jbepp

jbepp Well-Known Member

I can't name them since I only played for like 2 hours, but most of the F2P (Pay2win?) MMOs are so bad. There's also one that's actually on Steam and it's crappy too but I can't remember its name right now.

8. hydrlon

hydrlon Active Member

The worst mmorpg that I ever played was Sherwood Dungeon, I only played it because my friend said it was really good, but I found it to be a piece of browser running shit, it was so bad, It was one of those very generic macromedia flash player games that sucked so bad, but I never broke it to my friend and still played with him.

9. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

I would probably have to say Lineage 2. When someone says "korean grindfest" that is the game they are referring to. The combat is fine but the grind is just so so awful.

10. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

I know why it didn't grow on you. Simply because the game is terrible. One of the worst MMORPGs I've ever played although admittedly I haven't played a lot of them.

11. BroknKyboard

BroknKyboard Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest, a friend convinced me to try it out and now I don't watch movies or play MMOs with him anymore.

12. dresdor

dresdor Well-Known Member

There was a weird one a few years back, not really mainstream. The idea was that you were on a crashed ship and had to make repairs and fight monsters to get the ship flying again. All skill training was real time like Eve (which I like) but the combat system and repair system made no sense at all.

13. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I haven't played any terrible ones, but the worst one I did play (but even then it was still alright) was Knight Online. Always felt like an empty shell/poor mans MMO, which it was. Was a good laugh for free though :)

14. netherblood

netherblood Well-Known Member

I played Perfect World a couple of years ago, I think they have updated it now. Regardles, when I played it it was a total mess. Controls were quite clunky, combat was so stiff and there was this stupid stupid mechanic where whenever gold drops from a mob, it drops as a pickable object on the ground. And it wasn't tapped by you, meaning anyone standing near you could get the gold. I abused that design flaw just to see if it wasn't a bug or something. People got so mad at me :D

15. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

Mu Online, it was actionly the worst game I've played online. At it's early stages (Season I - III) I thought it was a wonderful game and really enjoyed playing it. But new seasons appeared and it has been turned to complete crap, most of the old items were completely useless now and the game became very unbalanced.

16. dresdor

dresdor Well-Known Member

There was another one that had some interesting mechanics but the game was clunky and unintuitive. You could build actions out of abilities, so a fire spell would be a fire component, a damage component, and some sort of magic cost reduction component, and then use them. As you gained xp you could buy new components (spending your xp on them). The cost reduction components were really expensive relative everything else.

17. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

SWTOR, atleast near january of 2013 anyway. It's clunky and it's too easy to get underleveled as a f2p and the subs act like the free players are CANCER. They are horrid and if I hear about BACON or a BACON related joke ONE MORE TIME...

18. kjl.leblanc

kjl.leblanc Member

Rift. Could not stand the fact that it was basically a fancy WoW clone with prettier graphics and dynamic events.

19. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Probably Guild Wars honestly. I tried getting back into it and just couldn't it was too bland and I got super bored quick.

20. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

This is too broad man, haha. There are dozens and dozens of terrible free (and probably paid) MMOs out there. If you're looking for on that's popular, I think DC Universe Online is pretty bad. Also, Star Wars: The Old Republic is a good game, but it has an absolutely terrible community that ruins the experience.