Working on a STALKER impression.

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stepan Tikhonov, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Stepan Tikhonov

Stepan Tikhonov Well-Known Member

I'm basing mine more along the lines of the "Nuclear Spring" mentioned in Last Light. I'll be using an SSh40 helmet or Tanker Helmet, maybe an Afghanka kepi. For the mask I was thinking a PMG or GP7. Clothing and gear is what I'm stuck on. Post War mosin pouches give the size and origin that would work but look kinda too shiny on the tacks and rivets. AKM and 74 pouches seem reasonable. What I have in my mind for a belt kit right now is the soviet waterbottle, AK pouch on a belt, and a map case over my shoulder. Any Ideas so far as clothing?

2. Gorka suit, cheap, recognizeable, comes in summer/autumn/winter variations so it won't be too hot/too cold if you want to hand around some Comic Con or whatever.

3. Stepan Tikhonov

Thanks for the quick reply. I dig the idea of a gorka, although I'm leaning toward mixed top/bottom combo. Maybe a gorka jacket and heavily patched denim pants? Would a really stained and damaged WW2 American M43 jacket look out of place?

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:twitch: Don't you fool with me..... An M1943? Yeah, boy! That's the exact one that I have, with the hood! What are the chances of meeting someone with the same jacket :). Have you checked out the "Metro Costume Thread?" There is a large variety of different cosplay outfits that have been put, together, by members here, on the forum. You can get some great ideas, from the pictures, and build up from there. As for the M43 jacket: I don't think that it'll look out of place. I made an entry, in the "Metro Costume Thread," with the jacket, and I thought it looked quite well (you can see the pictures toward the end of the thread).

For Stalker gear, I'd say, perhaps, that knee pads would look cool.
    A varity of green ski-masks:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Jeans or some blue cammo pants:
    [​IMG]

And stalkers often travel light; so maybe just a small civilian backpack or a small military backpack. A canteen belt for your Russian canteen would look nice too, and you can't forget about the boots.

5. Stepan Tikhonov

I like the model Pavel uses in Last light but I have to add my own "flair" to it. Since I'm not Red Line I decided not to use my extra soviet insignia sprucing up my tatterd WW2 original M43 (No value as it was a work jacket before I got it) My face (unless underground) will be completely covered in a PMG mask and either a Tanker or SSh40 helmet. I feel Civilian belts and crap give the impression some more savanged less militarized feelings.

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Yeah, dude. Whatever you feel will complete your outfit :). I'm not sure what would be good to add to Pavel's costume, though; so good luck.

7. Stepan Tikhonov

Update, Most likely going to have a metal snapped Russian civilian PMG bag with my PMG. May go with a belgian long parka or some sort of odd one off webbing system.

8. Stepan Tikhonov

Almost ready to hit the surface, My tanker helmet is almost here from bulgaria, my pmg looks workable, and my military coat has fallen to rags!

9. ivanscavenger

ivanscavenger Member

I am also working on a Stalker/Metro cosplay (which I have just begun on) and Im gonna buy a gas mask soon. Im also going for a light stalker "nuclear winter" look as mentioned by Stepan Tikhonov and was wondering what else I could acquire to achieve this. This is all the gear I have so far. It is also my paintball gear I use to give it a more used look to it.

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

10. NuclearWastE3

Regular

cool outfit :)

#10 NuclearWastE3, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  11. ivanscavenger

ivanscavenger Member

Haha thanks you! Any advice you could give me to improve my "nuclear spring" look? :)

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Some shoes? :p JK
    I can't seem to tell, but, do you have a backpack on? In the first and last picture, I notice some straps that go over your shoulders. Perhaps posing with a paint ball gun? You know, maybe holding it in one are or something? Other than that, I don't know what else to advise you on. It looks good already.

13. ivanscavenger

ivanscavenger Member

Yeah, I was carrying a small rucksack for those couple of pics. And I just picked up my gas mask today! :D So now it actually all looks complete! Here are the pics I took of my cosplay lol

IMG_5251.jpg
    IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

unnamed.jpg

14. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Nice! Something about it -but I can't seem to make up my mind what it is- makes it very appealing. Good job. :)

Oh, and nice doggy.

#14 NuclearWastE3, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  15. ivanscavenger

ivanscavenger Member

Thanks! It took me awhile to get it all together but it feels very unique to me too lol

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Pretty nice American stalker look (except for the Soviet gas mask, of course, but it looks nice as a mix too).

17. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

It looks great, but if I were to advise you on anything it would be to get a Chicom chest rig and some different clothes. Not necessarily something Russian, just something that would fit in the Metro universe. KZS, Rhodie Tiger Stripe, or even jeans and a heavy jacket would be a great addition to your kit.