wondering if I'm the only one

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by DepecheChode, Dec 17, 2013.

1. DepecheChode

DepecheChode Member

Did anyone else get a chance to participate in the ESO Beta? I really felt like a lot of it was very similar to DDO, but maybe I just spend way too much time playing xD.
    Anyone else get that feeling, though?
    Honestly if ESO is hella expensive I'll probably just keep playing DDO..

2. Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon Member

I also played the ESO beta and I can see your points. There are, of course, a great deal of differences but there's some similarities as well. I suppose that's to be expected from any mmo game, especially if it takes place in a fantasy/medieval setting.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I didn't even bother trying to beta the game to be honest I don't even know if I will even buy the game if I do it won't be a couple of years until after the game is released, I am kind of waiting to see how ESO will turn out 1st.

4. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

What are you talking about? It's nothing like DDO. DDO plays out like a traditional D&D game with a narrator, unless they changed that since I last played it.

I haven't played it yet, though I am a part of the beta and I already downloaded the game.

5. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I haven't played ESO yet but from what I hear it is similar in certain aspects but it differs quite a bit from D&D.

6. DepecheChode

DepecheChode Member

A couple of beta tests ago, the beginning part was almost exactly the same as D&D online. You just said you hadn't played it, lol. I'm talking about aesthetics. You wash up on this shore from a shipwreck and it looks exactly like DDO. They changed it since that beta, but at the time that's what it was like.

7. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

You said the beginning part remind you a lot like DDO, but you also said ESO is very similar to DDO. These are two different factors.

In Avatar, there is a scene in there where the aliens are running through a forest and out pops a waterfall scene. This is similar to the intro sequence to the Night Elves in WoW. Would you say that the entirety of WoW now is the same as Avatar, even though only the intro scene was similar?

8. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I agree from what I was told and shown it seemed that it was just like the beginning of D&D online, but overall it is nothing like it, which is a good thing, I will however never play ESO purely for the fact that just by watching other people play it and seeing what they have to say about it, I have to say they seemed to have betrayed the original concept of this game.

9. jaygee

jaygee Active Member

I played the ESO beta and while I thought it was fun, I can't afford to buy the game and then subscribe to the game. That was just ridiculous to me. I don't think it was a thing like DDO. ESO had story lines and stuff to do besides just hack and slash which is really all DDO is.