Wish List for Metro Last Light:Redux

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by someguy_123, Jun 16, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

2. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

Throwing knives should only be lethal with a neck/head shot.

I liked the way the enemies were so fidgety in 2033, making it hard to put your red dot on the back of their neck.

Knocked out enemies should eventually recover, putting you on a clock ? what do you think of that one?

3. If you hit someone in the head so hard that they fall unconscious, you probably crippled or outright murdered them anyway.

4. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

The whole moral question that the game ties to the knock out certainly implies that it is temporary. The eventual "coming to" of these victims would add a new element of challenge by completely changing the style of approach the "non lethal" player must take. The player must move more swiftly and not take the time to creep around assailing everyone in the level.

Though the psychological element of the game that keeps us trying to achieve difficult goals requires some sort of reward. Some people require less reward than others. That's why only 5-10% of players get the good ending to begin with. I think an alternate timeline where you don't have the dark ones guidance/goodies should have been a default for players not achieving a certain moral score by that point in the game.

#24 someguy_123, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  5. 3.5% for M2033
    1% and 5.9% for MLL

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

^
    Apparently not, david06799. TotalAaron had said the exact same thing several post before you, with a grinning smiley-face added at the end.

7. It's just a spammer. It was dealt with.

8. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

i have a question:

how does the new day/ night cycle system works?
    to see the transition between day and night we need to be in the surface and wait hours, i don't think we have enough filters to wait so long,

it is impossible to see the sky in the tunnels

9. There is no day/night cycle. Just dynamic weather being added to the surface levels in the first game. For reference:

Examples of dynamic weather in the Last Light:

10. Derrame

Regular

Komodo has always the answer! i don't know what we would do without him :)

11. Well, there was a discussion about dynamic weather in Redux on a Russian forum and I pretty much copy-pasted my reply from there.

12. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Komo can't take a compliment, at least directly. Don't let him know I told you that, though. ;)

13. Derrame

Regular

take it easy dorogoy! we're just expressing our appreciation for the game in every detail :D

14. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

You realize you just called him honey, right? :p

15. No he didn't. A trader with a Georgian accent at Depot refers to the player the same way. A literal translation would be "precious", but context wise its "valued friend". Pavel uses it mockingly.

16. Potarto

[​IMG]

17. Derrame

Regular

like i said, Komodo has always the answer! :)

ok, back to the topic,

the fire range of the shambler shotgun is shorter in m2033 than in MLL, is this going to be modified too, right? i think that made m2033 scarier than LL, to feel more vulnerable

#37 Derrame, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  18. Potarto

You could have just edited your previous post with the next one, and nobody would have known.

Also I'd say that we'd get our answer based on whether or not Metro Last Light's exclusive weapons are being ported over to 2033. If they are, I'm sure they'll be identical. If it's just different models and animations but with the same weapon set, we'll likely see the original stats.

19. BrutalLemon

BrutalLemon Active Member

I sent this message to the Metro Facebook page and I got a reply, so here's my message;

Hi,

I love the Metro 2033 game and after just completing it for the 10th time, I have a question about the Redux.

Has the filter management and availability in stations been changed at all? After leaving Polis, the game is extremely harsh with filters to stock up on, like the first section of the game. At some points, when you reach the Library, it's sometimes, depending on difficulty, impossible to proceed as there are not enough pick-ups. I understand the survival/horror aspect of this appealing to some people but some fans, like me, love to appreciate the scenery and game worlds you have created but it's hard, both in 2033 and Last Light, to really admire the surroundings when your running out of air. I get it, I love it, but I wish there was an option to turn off filters or something so people can truly enjoy your worlds.

Thanks

Chris, UK

And then their reply;

Hey Chris,

You'll still need filters to be able to survive the harsh and scarred landscape above ground for Metro Redux. That said, depending on the difficulty level you're playing they'll be more abundant, which should hopefully help any outside admirations or screenshot missions you undertake!

Hope this helps mate

Kinda sucks, I mean, I spent all my MGR on filters at the first station before you go outside for a while, I can't remember off the top of my head, and then you just can't pick any up until your down to like 5 or something. I love the scenery in this game and it's so beautifully detailed. Would love to fly about in noclip :tsk:

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think that the environments would lose much of their charm this way. One of the reasons why they are so beautiful is because they are a stark contrast to the tunnels and the need to look for filters ensures that you never spend too much time there so it remains something unique rather than turning into the ordinary. At least that's how I see it.