Will we see a full on sequel soon?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Lord Kal, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Lord Kal

Lord Kal Member

I think it's time we got a full on sequel to Warcraft. I'm not talking about add-ons and all that good stuff, but a full on sequel. Do you think we'll be seeing one anytime soon? Or will we have to wait a while longer? I figure they'll probably release more, rather than a sequel, but I myself prefer a full on sequel.

2. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I don't think you can really make a sequel to World of Warcraft. It's such a big game, and it would annoy people if they had to make new characters and start all over again. They would have to make a new map too which would basically destroy everything WOW is. I hope they just stick to DLC.

3. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

I can't find a quote for this but I believe they said they don't even have a sequel to WoW in the works. WoW is its own beast and to make a sequel to that would feel cheap. We can look forward to the next big blizzard thing though which is code named "Project Titan" and no one has any idea what it is.

4. dansmith

dansmith Active Member

I think making a sequel would be for too complicated and probably would do more harm than good to an already declining fan base of a great franchise, such is WOW. I don't care what anyone says, I think WOW is what catapulted the world of MMORPG into the mainstream. That's just my opinion though, and I just don't think you can follow that up with a sequel, if so, I'd give it a shot still because it would still be WOW.

5. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

WoW won't be seeing a sequel. It will only see expansions and major content patches. It wouldn't make sense for a sequel because WoW is basically one massive linear and persistent story arc jumping from one massive adventure to the next. The only 'sequels' you will ever see for WoW are its expansions.

If Blizzard decides to do another MMO, it's not going to be based on the Warcraft lore. Hearthstone doesn't count by the way. ^_~

6. dansmith

dansmith Active Member

That's pretty much what I was thinking, it just doesn't make any sense for blizzard to do this when they make expansions for the original every two years or whatever the time frame usually is. I do look forward to each expansion, but it seems like in each one there's always an element of a disappointment which is a little depressing, but I still keep playing it.