Will Old Skyrim Mods be Compatible With Skyrim Special Edition? Find Out Here!

Discussion in 'MMO and RPG News' started by Jeffrey Harris, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Jeffrey Harris

Jeffrey Harris Well-Known Member
    Regular

2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think newer graphics wouldn't be enough to reignite the passion for Skyrim players. I think it would have been better to have added new missions, or better yet, a new area. But that's asking too much, I know. Still, new graphics with the same game wouldn't be as fun as the original, and there are no changes made in the game, no new weapons, armor, spells, etc, so I don't see how this is going to refresh the gaming thirst for most people.

3. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

You are right. The developers should work on making newer interface and locations in the game instead of just plain graphics. I would love to see a new mission on a new location. I hope they are working on making a mission with new scenes. I am eagerly waiting for the newer things!

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, there is definitely that aspect. I will be getting it for free since I have all the DLCs, and will definitely play through it and probably get another 100 hours, which is great for a free upgrade.

But I am not sure how many people who would have to buy the Remastered edition will actually buy it if they have already beaten the crap out of the original game.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I imagine a lot of people would be put off by buying another edition if they already finished the game (in my case I finished it multiple time). Hopefully there will be more upgrades and new features, not only a visual refresh.

6. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

There will definitely be a lot of stuff they add, I can't imagine spending so much time on a game only to add simple visuals, they'll have some fun with it.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's cool of them to still support old mods but hopefully it doesn't mean that the game would remain at the same standard as the previous one. Also I'm impressed that they are allowing PC mods to crossover to the console version.

8. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

You base this statement on what? All I have seen so far is what was actually mentioned. Visual mod support, and mod crossover. That's it.