Will Guild Wars 2 work with Linux?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Forums - Site News' started by Jesse, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Jesse

Jesse Member

I have a Windows PC as well as a Linux built computer. I was wondering if I'd be able to play Guild Wars 2 on my Linux ran computer? I have Ubuntu 10.04 and I happen to enjoy it a lot for various reasons. If I could play GW2 on this, that'd be great. Of course my first option would be to play it on my windows PC, but I do have more RAM on my Linux PC.

1 person likes this.
  2. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

linux can work with anything bro.

3. Aleister

Aleister Member

I'm sure it will eventually. But it may take the folks at WINE a little time to get the kinks worked out. And of course ncsoft and arenanet won't officially support it.

I for one can't wait for the day that all the major game companies finally start using OpenGL instead of DirectX so that cross platform gaming is more feasible.

4. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Wine is your friend here!

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

It might just be easier to install windows on a second drive or partition your HDD if you can't get wine to work with the game.

6. Artixion

Artixion Member

Not right now, I've tried doing it I remember and it never worked. You would need to run it through a visualization and still that never works out properly. Go ahead and install windows and run it there, it's worth it trust me.