Will Everquest Next release this year?

Discussion in 'Everquest Next' started by shadegrilllock, Jun 7, 2015.

1. shadegrilllock

Simple question, will it come this year, are there any relevant news or rumors, time frame for release?
    what is the latest news on status of EQN?

2. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

At this point I would be surprised if it ever releases, and if it does I do not expect it to be anything worthy of the name. I would not doubt it if they just ride on landmark and keep adding things to that, if anything.

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

I think they said that their goal was to release Landmark this year, and, assuming it doesn't get scrapped, try and get an alpha/beta test of EQN going end of this year.

Someone can correct me if that's slightly off, but it was something along those lines last I had heard.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

No, but I think there will be something playable like EA alpha. Although the world was said to be seeded prior to SoELive '13 they still have the Qeynos builds to implement and possibly Dwarf and Elf (High Elf?) building contests to run through Landmark. It's kind of a question mark as to how far along the development is. It kind of depends how smart they were in planning its pieces.

One thing is for sure: If the concept map they've shown is the artistic representation of server side Norrath, it will be huge. Here's to hoping... and waiting...

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Release this year? No

Will this iteration of the game in development ever release? Maybe not

Will there be another game with the EQ name on it? Very, very likely. The IP is gold.