Quantcast

Will Civilization VI have "Pirate Protection"?

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Calinpls, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

They could, I sometimes get the impression that they do it on purpose to see how their game would be received. This is obviously mere speculation, the fact is, whether it's pirates or the developers these files do get leaked.

2. SirJoe

This is true but if they kept the price lower even when they launched it there would be more people that would buy it. The practice they have now is launch it expensive and progressively lower it's price. I don't know of any games that has done this but it would be interesting to see if it would work.

3. SirJoe

There has to be someone hacking the games, if you look for game torrents you normally find the game already hacked and ready for download. I normally don't trust these games, who knows what they put into them.

4. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016 Member Regular

No doubt they will have some sort of anti-piracy encryption or key. Seems like every game has them currently. As with most I do not think it will last more than a week before it is cracked or hacked. It does get annoying if you get caught up in it when you are doing nothing illegitimate. Some of the other users said they should lower their prices and they wont have a pirating issue, I can see where they are coming from. The higher the price the more incentive there is for a software pirate.

5. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Exactly, and the lower the price is, the less exclusivity the game will have, it's all relative and they do not really care about setting an elevated price on the game because they already know that people are still going to buy it anyway.

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

It is not a trend now I think

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

Yup I think the way developers have found to deal with that is to make the game always online though I am unsure if that really does prevent majority of the piracy problems.

8. SirJoe

That is true but there are still people that will be able to get passed this, but a lot less in the past.

: civ6