Wii U price drop confirmed

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by NatureSun, Aug 29, 2013.

1. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

2. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

50 bucks is a lot but what's the point of dropping the prices when there are just no games?

3. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Nintendo just keeps making mistakes. There is no need to drop the price. There is a need to release more games. They might as well acquire a boat load of third party developers to make games specifically for their consoles because their consoles never have enough quality games. I wouldn't buy the wii u if it was $99 because there isn't a sufficient library of games available.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Well it's about time I knew they would have to do a price drop before the PS4 or Xbox One comes out let's face it Nintendo is a great little console, but I feel it wont be able to compete with either Xbox One or PS4.

5. ZackBanana

ZackBanana Member

This has piqued my interest. I've been interested in buying a Wii U for some time now, I just never had the money for it. Even so, I'll probably hold off on buying it until they have a bigger library of games. I think Nintendo's time is coming. It's been a slow start, but I think they'll start releasing the big exclusive titles soon. People will be all over it, me included.

Until then, I'll just stick to Steam on my PC.

6. iShootRocks

iShootRocks Member

It will probably increase some sales (not that I'm gonna buy it) but really they need to make more games for it. Maybe then it will really increase in popularity.

7. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

The Wii U hasn't dropped at all here and I agree that it is severely overpriced for the amount of content available.

8. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Price drop is a good thing, at least people that are thinking of getting one will have another reason to. As for me, it still can't justify the purchase. The third party support for the Wii U is so bad right now, I don't think any price can get me to buy one.

9. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Very glad to hear about this, it looks much more interesting at that price point to be honest.

10. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

I don't know about this one. Gone are the days when Nintendo was the thing when it comes to home consoles. Things started to go downhill for them since GameCube. I seriously think that Nintendo should just focus on handheld consoles as they seem to do well in that department as evidenced by the success of their Gameboy, DS and 3DS platforms.

11. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I think it started going downhill after the N64, but with that being said Nintendo does have a few titles that I really miss playing.

12. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me at all. No one I know has even considered buying a Wii u because of how boring the console it is. Not to mention the games are better suited for kids.

13. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

Dropping by $50 isn't actually that much. When I first read it, I misread it and thought that it was going to drop to only $50! That would be crazy. But if it only drops by $50, then I don't think that I'll get it. Dropping by $50 isn't even that much, but it's still something.

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I didn't really end up helping too much to be honest.. It needs the exclusives..

15. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

Wii has lost its charm It was a clever idea but simply never took off as Nintendo expected.

16. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

will that even help? Nintendo have long since abandoned gamers as their core market, and instead made the middle class suburban family their target groups and marketed games they could play with their 'couple friends' it worked great on the wii, but the wii U is a bust, and like the gamers they abandoned, the gamers now abandon Nintendo for PCs, Xbox ones and PS4s

17. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I really hope nintendo would make some serious changes or else it could be over for them. Nintendo has fallen off if you ask me. They are still doing okay in the portable gaming department, but I expected more out of my favorite childhood gaming company.

18. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

I would have to get it at a ridiculous low price to consider it. Right now I want to trade in my PS3 for a discount on a PS4. If anybody knows any stores offering something like this please PM me . Thanks in advance.

19. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree. I would be tempted if it there was a good zelda game out, but then again I could just watch youtube videos to get the story from.

20. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

And now in 2015, it's got to an all-time low! Very cheap price, and if you take it on "already used", it's going to be even better!