Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

2. [YOUTUBE]tvrQt6s7a-0[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Always nice to see devs fooling around (pun unintended).

4. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

The video was funny. I didn't get the pun, Bamul.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good, because it was not intended (April Fools - devs "fooling" around). :p

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I recently completed my fourth playthrough of Wiedźmin 2: Zabójcy Królów (I first completed it twice in English just after the game's release, then twice in Polish but the Enhanced Edition)... my god this series is so awesome - it feels just as amazing now as it did in 2011. Though I gotta say, the series is much better in Polish. The atmosphere is so much more immersive (feels even more like a Slavic RPG) and, although the English version is very skillfully done, the writing in the Polish version is masterful. I will probably use this saved game from my most recent playthrough for import into Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon when it comes out, since this is the same one I imported into W2 from my playthrough of the first game.

7. I love when they allow this.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I do as well. Although the amount of stuff that gets carried over is I think smaller than what you can import into the Mass Effect series, I remember CD Projekt promised a lot more things carrying over from W2 into W3 than there was from W1 to W2. Btw, have you played any of the Witcher games? I've heard that both the books and the game trilogy is pretty popular in Russia - it's perhaps even the second most Witcher-loving country after Poland.

9. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    When it works, at least. Had to recreate my ME2 character from scratch before realizing that face codes existed.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Thankfully never happened to me, but I saw how many others encountered this problem. :eek:hwell:

In terms of news regarding W3, things have been fairly slow lately. However, the second issue of the comic series I talked about earlier is out today (http://thewitcher.com/news/view/740). As for recent news regarding the actual game, Marcin Iwiński - CEO of CD Projekt - said that the pre-order bonuses for the GOG.com version of W3 will be "fucking amazing" (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pr...-3-at-gog-will-be-f-ing-amazing/1100-6419142/). Had he been asked about this in Polish, he would have probably used the word "zajebiste" as that is basically the adjective we have in our language that literally means "fucking amazing".

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

In South Africa, W3 is going to be published by Megarom Interactive. I don't think we have any active members of the forum who are from South Africa, but if we do - then this is news for you. :p

Source: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/741

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

W2 Enhanced Edition has been released on Linux today. To celebrate this, the enhanced editions of W1 and W2 are 80% off for 48 hours on Steam. To anyone who hasn't yet played these games: now is a great time to get them dirt cheap. :p

Source: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/748

14. Potarto

Damn, 6 bucks? Don't mind if I do.

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm a bit late with some of these news, but here we go anyway:

----------

Since May 14th, CD Projekt RED now have a completely new logo. This is the first time the company has significantly changed its logo since they were formed by Michał Kiciński and Marcin Iwiński in 2002. Their new logo looks like this:

[​IMG]

This is how Adam Badowski, CD Projekt RED’s Head of Studio, sees the change:

"We are rebels and rebels are free. Just like birds. The Northern Cardinal is what we see ourselves in the industry: intrepid, bold and confident; flying high and aiming even higher. The colour, cardinal RED, is something that connects it with another bird, a mythological creature close to our cultural roots and heritage–the Raróg, a small firebird believed to bring luck to people. RED stands for energy, the inner fire that drives us; it represents something very close to everyone here in the studio–the creativity and passion we harness from within ourselves to make the best RPGs in the world."

Source: http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/new-cd-projekt-red-logo/

----------

A CDPR/GOG summer conference will take place on June 5th at 8pm Polish time (6pm GMT, 11am PST). It will be broadcast from Los Angeles only five days before E3 starts there. At this conference we will apparently get to see a new gameplay trailer for W3, as well as pre-order and collector's edition details for the game. A new addition to The Witcher universe will be announced (perhaps a new game where we play as a different protagonist, but that's just speculation). Last but not least, something exciting is coming to GOG.com and we will find out more about this at the conference. We will be able to watch the conference here.

Source 1: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/752
    Source 2: http://www.gog.com/news/cd_projekt_red_gogcom_summer_conference

----------

W3 will be distributed in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States by 1C-SoftClub (basically 1C Company). Just like W2, the game will be fully localized: all the text, voices, and game interface will be available in Russian.

"The developers of the game paid special attention to the Russian voiceovers in order to retain the unique atmosphere of the Witcher universe. To achieve the best possible results, CD PROJEKT RED carefully selected the cast based on authentic sound and scenic performance."

Source 1: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/750

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Unfortunately I missed the actual conference that took place yesterday (I mean that I missed the broadcast), as I was biking for 32 kilometres with the family yesterday - first time riding a bike since I was 9 years old. Very fun and we found some beautiful places, but I was knackered because of all the hills in this damn country. :p Anyway, here's the big news:

----------

Completely new gameplay trailer for W3 has been unveiled (it will also be shown live at E3). I've seen it and it looks awesome. You can find the original Polish version here. After watching that, for those who can't speak Polish, you can watch the English version here. The game's official release date is now more precise, as it is slated for 24th February 2015.

Source: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/754

----------

The various bonuses that come with each version of W3 have been announced and the game can now be pre-ordered. If you purchase the boxed retail standard edition of W3, you will get some goodies as well. Here are the contents of the standard edition:

[​IMG]
    • A Blu-ray disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
    • An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
    • The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe The Compendium"
    • A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
    • A set of unique stickers
    • A stylish, protective sleeve

If you choose to purchase the collector's edition of the game, you will get much more bonuses. Here are the contents of the collector's edition:
    [​IMG]
    • A Blu-ray disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
    • An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
    • The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe The Compendium"
    • A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
    • A set of unique stickers
    • A stylish, protective sleeve
    • A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
    • An exquisite, collector-grade Witcher medallion
    • A one-of-a-kind SteelBook box
    • A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
    • Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in

If you decide to get the digital collector's edition on GOG.com, you get much of this in digital form and a lot of other goodies as well. It's a handful, so I'll just link you here where you can see for yourself what they are. There are discounts for those who own one or both of the previous Witcher games (the discount is greater if you own both). Since games are cheapest in the US, the US price is what they use as the basis. If you pre-order the game on GOG in a region where the price is higher than in the US, GOG will return the difference in coupons for games on GOG.com.

Source 1: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/754
    Source 2: http://buy.thewitcher.com/#

----------

The Witcher board game is coming to PC and Mac, it is called The Witcher Adventure Game. The game will have a normal price tag which will be announced at a later date. Upon pre-ordering W3 through GOG, you will be given two keys for a multiplayer beta of the digital board game.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/05/t...-pc-signups-live-for-closed-multiplayer-beta/

----------

Last but not least, I have some news that aren't related to W3 per se, but they're still very good and relevant to CD Projekt and GOG. GOG Galaxy is the big upcoming project from GOG.com that was teased earlier. It will essentially be an utterly DRM-free client like Steam, but it will also be completely optional - introduced mainly as a way to give all the GOG users who own multiplayer games a chance to play together on an online platform. Other benefits will include automatic updates for your games, being able to stay in touch with your pals, achievements, etc.. GOG Galaxy will also feature cross-play with Steam users without the need for any 3rd party client or account.

Source 1: http://www.gog.com/news/introducing_gog_galaxy
    Source 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyYW9AOWh-8

I personally see this as the right way forward for GOG.com - still DRM-free, still optional, but also having that online platform to really compete with Steam. In all honesty, if they pull it off right, this could and should replace Steam with time. Better prices, more older games, better and more gamer-friendly policies, absolutely no DRM and an awesome community - everything that's needed to do that is there. Of course, Steam still has a much larger choice of games on offer, but it has also been recently getting a shitload of crappy games that shouldn't have seen the light of day, so I'm glad GOG.com still has quality control.

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hmm i did not know that there was a PS4 version of this, i must I MUST get it now! quick question whats with all the "We are rebels we are FREEEEEEEEE" garbage?

I mean yeah i do like CD project morals especialy over say Valve but jeez if you want a Fantastic Publisher/developer look at Devolver digital paradox interactive or my personal favorite (long delays aside) EA

I mean Atlus USA For dem personas

[​IMG]

Anyway long needless ranting aside i am quite looking forwase to playing Witcher 3 it looks great,

#117 TotalAaron, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  18. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

this is probably my most looked forward to game, witcher 2 was great

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nothing is with it, since it's not garbage. :p Releasing DRM-free games, giving tens of gigabytes of support for their games in the form of free automatic updates (free DLC included), free enhanced editions of their games, massive discounts for their products, running GOG.com, etc. Most developers don't do any of this.

If you are referring to EA as a good publisher and developer, then... I don't even. :crazy:

#119 Bamul, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  20. Potarto

EA is neither a developer nor anything even close to a good publisher.
    "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."
    [youtube]ZR6-u8OIJTE[/youtube]
    "...a great model, and a substantially better future for the industry."