Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I highly doubt that would happen (http://cdpred.com/no-drm-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-an-open-letter-to-the-community/), since CD Projekt have delivered on practically all of the promises they've made in the past. It seems as though the only version that will have DRM will be the Steam version, and the DRM iitself will be just Steam. The GOG and retail versions of the game won't have DRM, as CD Projekt have stated multiple times. However, if somehow they did turn out to have them, then I'd imagine plenty of people would be pissed off (myself included).

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I'd go attack their office :p

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

The 1st and 2nd game is on Christmas sale in steam. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is 2 euros, and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition is 4 euros. Pretty cheap. I would easily buy it if I knew I was going to play it, but that's the thing. I recently bought Skyrim with all DLCs and am currently working on that. And as most of us know, that's a lot of work. To top that off, I've also got some "privileges" in the new DayZ standalone with some friends, and also planning to host a LAN soon, so I don't really see me playing the game in any near future. I'll definitely be buying the third one when it gets out though :D

4. Radon

Radon New Member

Nice game... awsome trailers

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I so wish I could afford this... but, yeah, no chance in hell. And it's an auction, so it will only get more expensive.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I don't understand, what is it?

7. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Prebuilt gaming PC with a custom Witcher-themed case.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yep - exactly that. The specs are juicy too, of course. Wouldn't need to upgrade for a good few years (unless you want to game on a 4K resolution or in 3D, but both of these are unnecessary luxuries atm).

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

10. Potarto

The 780 is basically just a Titan with a core disabled, it's a pretty damn beastly card.

Then again, you could put the exact same PC together by hand for a bit less than $1700, which is.......80 times less than the current bid. Wow, somebody really wants that Witcher logo on their case.

#90 Potarto, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, the current bid is at 4151 zł - which is $1371 according to Google. It was a lot less expensive just two days ago and the price was very reasonable then (for such hardware I mean), but it looks like others are really determined to get it too. :lol:

12. Potarto

Wait, what?

Ah, you guys use a comma instead of a period. That's actually a really good deal, then.

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, we do. I think the full stop/period is commonly used as a decimal point in English-speaking countries. We also use a ⋅ instead of an × for multiplication, and a : instead of a ÷ for division (in primary school, since later in education we tend to just use the horizontal line like in fractions). So yeah, at first I was really confused when I arrived in England. :lol:

14. Potarto

Over here we start to use the ⋅ for multiplication as well once we start getting into Algebra, to avoid confusing it with the common variable "x".

I don't think I've ever really seen such a culturally diverse forum, I learn interesting stuff all the time.

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Build your own pc >:#

16. Potarto

Yeah, that build is overkill in more ways than one. The 780 might do the trick if you wanted to max the game out (and isn't such a terrible deal for a high-end card what with Nvidia's price-cutting and AMD's price-raising), but you could definitely cut way back on the CPU and RAM without causing any issues. You could definitely do a 1k build that would accomplish just as much.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Three gorgeous new screenshots from W3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love the atmosphere in these images - feels a lot more like W1. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved W2, but the first game's atmosphere was a bit more unique. Since W3 will be open world and from the screenshots we can already tell that the environments will be varied, I'm really glad that W3 will show us some more "northern" looking places as well as going back to its roots.

#97 Bamul, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The game has been delayed to February of 2015 (W3 was originally scheduled for release during fall of 2014). It seems that the core of the game is pretty much finished though, since CD Projekt say that they could actually release the game later this year but it would not be up to the standard of quality that they and we would like it to be. Sounds like it's just testing and further development of side quests/other non-main quest stuff now.

(Source: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/730)

Of course, part of me is somewhat sad because I really want to play this game and have been waiting for it so long. However, I'm honestly generally quite happy with this decision because: firstly, it will give them more time to make the game as great as it should be, and secondly, if I start saving now then I might actually be able to get enough money (in a year) to buy myself a GTX 780 and maybe even a 1080p monitor as well by next February.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Agreed. I also want to play it as soon as possible, but it's good that they polish it. Besides, there are so many other games coming out and so many games I have to get and play, and so many TV series as well, so this delay just spares me some time to be honest.

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The first in a series of comic books about Geralt's adventures has recently been released (though I think it might be digital only). To my knowledge, there is a Polish and an English version available. It's not free, but the first 4 pages can be viewed at no cost.

Source: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/733