Wiedźmin 3: Dziki Gon (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

I just watched the videos. Now I want that game. I want it so bad. It looks like it's everything that Skyrim couldn't properly be for me, just like Mafia2 was everything that GTA IV couldn't be for me. I'm really looking forward to this now, and I guaranteed am going to buy it!

One thing I wonder about, though. Do you really need to have played the two first games to understand the story? Or could you decently play the third one without having played the two first games?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think I recall CD Projekt saying that you don't have to play W1 and W2 to know what's going on in W3, but I wouldn't recommend doing that. Not only are the first two Witcher games great and you'd be missing out, they also feature plenty of interesting characters (some of whom will appear in W3). The whole series is actually based on a Polish book series, so the lore is quite massive and extensive - and the first two games would make you much better acquainted with the world and history for the third one. Besides, since W3's main quest is a continuation of an important subplot that ran throughout W1 and W2, the story itself may be much less personal for the player in number 3 if they haven't played the previous ones.

So, yeah, I'd say you should play the first two before the third one. :p You can find them both on GOG.com completely DRM-free and cheap (here and here). GOG has sales fairly often, so they might see a drop in price come Christmas. Same goes for the more expensive Steam versions, which will probably drop in price during the Christmas sale (here and here). Tbh, I think W3 won't be as bad as Mass Effect in terms of what you asked (where you had to play ME1 and ME2 otherwise ME3 would not be a truly complete experience), but not far from it either - since you can import your saved games from W2 into W3 as well.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I see. Thanks for the answer. I highly doubt I'll be playing the two previous games though.
    I guess playing Witcher3 without playing 1 and 2 would be like playing Skyrim, but not any of the previous Elder Scrolls games, right?

4. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

No Skyrim and TES are not like The Witcher series. You are playing the same person with the same things happened in the past, in Skyrim you are playing another person as in the part before.:)

5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

So like mass effect?

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, I would say The Witcher is much closer to Mass Effect than Elder Scrolls in that aspect. Definitely so. You can play practically any Elder Scrolls game without having even tried the other ones and you'll know what's going on - since each game is set in a different time period (for example: Skyrim is set 200 years after Oblivion). The Witcher is different, as it is a trilogy with the same protagonist and a similar plot throughout, with a different setting for each game but it is still all within the same time period. W2 is set almost immediately after W1, whilst W3 will take place shortly after W2's conclusion. Moreover, some of Geralt's closest acquaintances that have appeared in the first two games (like Triss, Jaskier and Zoltan) will most probably also make an appearnce in W3.

#46 Bamul, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Just replaced this video with a much higher quality version with 1080p HD. Go have a look, it looks amazing! :p

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

9. TotalAaron

I want to play the witcher but it would never ever run on my pc :/

10. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

*buys you a better pc*

11. TotalAaron

Thankyou but im buying two GTX titans 36GB of DDR3 ram and a overclocked I7 (Hubba hubba) three years of saving up will soon bear fruit

12. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

what about system requirements?

13. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I don't think that having 4GB more RAM than motherboards typically support is enough. I think you need to have at least an excess of 19GB of backup RAM on your i7 to really bring out the graphics in Minecraft.

Make sure your motherboard has an extra large ethernet port so you can fit more internets in your computer.

14. TotalAaron

But it was so trustworthy www.downloadram.com

15. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Website is gone. I remember seeing that not too long ago. Website must have been neglected for a while, I remember the prices on the RAM being pretty high.

16. TotalAaron

It was AMAZING ;)

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

No official ones as of yet.

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Polish version of the VGX trailer, came out four days ago: [YOUTUBE]?v=By701w8Y-2k[/YOUTUBE] Glad to see they've kept the same awesome voice actor for Geralt.

19. TotalAaron

Proberly A titan for Min :)

20. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

this along with watch dogs and the division are the games I want