Quantcast

Why is this gаmе lеss pоpulаr thаn сiv II / сiv IV?

Discussion in 'More Civilization' started by Goodman, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member Regular

Why is this gаmе lеss pоpulаr thаn сiv II / сiv IV?

2. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I personally think it might be because it was not too commercial and was not interesting enough for most Civ players, however, there are people who still play it and really liked it, I personally never played it before but will have to check it out to figure out something better.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

You're talking about Civ III? From what I remember the development of this game was kept under the sheets by the developers, but this game is actually quite good. Some Civlization players say it's the worst game out of the series and it wasn't advertised as much, those might be the reasons.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I think it's because the gaming market has exploded in the past few years. When the earlier Civilizations games came out there wasn't that many games that could compete with it, but the gaming market has changed a lot and now there are games that charge it head on.

5. NormaD

NormaD Active Member Regular

It's because it wasn't marketed as much as the other games. It didn't really stir up that much interest and a lot of people think it's not worth their time. I think it's a great game.

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

The reason is obvious- good grathic

7. Mistiq

Mistiq Member Regular

It's probably because there is now so much competition and the standards have changed so much.

8. Terry

IV - is definitely better

9. HappyKoi

HappyKoi Member Regular

I think a lot of people skipped Civilization III because it wasn't marketed as much. I got annoyed with it pretty quickly and don't remember playing it as much as Civilization 1, 2, 4, or 5. It certainly had its flaws in the game mechanics, which, I must say, Civilization IV fixed very nicely.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I only recently discovered this game with the latest version but I have been hearing this game around throughout the years though I've never really heard anyone recommend any version in particular until civ v.

11. Terry

it was fixed nicely but some bugs still exist

12. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano Member Regular

I think it's because of marketing issues, it wasn't advertised the way it should have been, and because it just didn't click with people like the other games did. You have to understand that being less or more popular doesn't make a game better or worse; being better or worse is subjective and a game that is popular is not always a game that is better than other game that is less popular.

13. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I think that is the main reason. They were among the pioneers of this type of genera but since then there have been a lot of games that have made their way into the market.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I would never really read that much into the popularity of a game because that seems to depend on some other factors, but it makes sense to a degree I suppose. Maybe just better timing.