Quantcast

Why is there not Witcher section?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by d'arakh, Dec 18, 2015.

1. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Is it not considered an RPG? I'm playing catch-up with the series though and still haven't played the latest game, but I still think it could generate some discussion.

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm also surprised that there is no section since I really enjoyed playing Witcher 3. I guess Fallout 4 and other better known games are casting a shadow on it so no one notices the game except for the established fanbase for the series.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I have not seen this so far, but thank`s for the heads up. I think there really should be a Witcher section as far as RPG games go. As it is truly one of the best.

4. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member Regular

Me too. I think there should be a section for the Witcher series. After all, it's quite popular and acclaimed in many circles.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Well, if it doesn't get its own section, then at the very least it has its own thread so we can discuss the game here. While I'm still playing the game and having fun, I'm still waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out and I hope it will be just as good as Witcher 3.

6. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I reckon it should have its own section and when you buy it from the Origins site you have to change some settings to get the game to run and can watch it on youtube so you do it properly and you get seven adventures, compared to the Steam and Gog site ones where you get two adventures and some other features. I like how in the first one you are dealing with the lesser evil choices or evil and no side is really good and Geralt is neutral mostly, and would choose a side if it benefited his progress and was worth his effort and time since he is paid for his work he does the job if the pay is good. I liked some funny bits like Dandelion in chapter 3 being involved with some women and the girls father is angry and you have to sort the mess out and even in one of the adventure games, you have to get $2000 dollars to release him from jail for seducing a married women.

7. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

Many popular series and games were left out, its not just The Witcher.

BTW, did you guys play Witcher 2 ? That was a great game. Didn't get around to play number 3 yet.

8. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member Regular

I have noticed the same thing that this forum is lacking a section for it. However I don't play it myself though my friend is quite into it.

9. leahcim132

leahcim132 Well-Known Member Regular

I agree there should be a Witcher section. It's probably better to put this in the "site feedback" section of the forum but thanks for pointing it out. I don't play this game but I know a couple people that do. Looks fun but I'm not super into it.

10. d'arakh

I'm still clawing my way through Witcher 1 lol. I completely missed the series and with all the recent hype (and friends telling me I MUST play the game) I decided to check it out and I've been loving it so far. Can't wait to get to 2 and 3.

11. razer

I thought about playing Witcher 1 but the combat system is just awful. I simply cant trudge through an action RPG with awful combat for the sake of a good story. Thankfully the combat is done much better in the sequel IMO.

12. d'arakh

Is it really? I quite frankly love the combat system in the first Witcher game (haven't gotten to the sequel just yet). I like that you have to time your clicks to get a good combo and a I also like that you can switch combat styles depending on your opponent.

13. razer

What ? Bad in the original or improved in the sequel ?
    Combat in Witcher 2 borrows from Demons\Dark Souls, makes pre combat preparation pretty much necessary and is quite a bit harder.

14. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member Regular

So, to conclude everything here, please kind administrators, add a Witcher 3 section! I'd really like to post my savviness there, ha, ha.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

The forum probably wasn't updated in a while with new sections, but they'll probably add one soon! :D

16. shadejb

shadejb Well-Known Member Regular

Glad to see I'm not the only one liking combat in Witcher 1. Sure it didn't look like much today, but we didn't have Witcher 2 or 3 at that time. Timing click and changing style for RPG combat I could only count with my hands then (Gothic, Divine Divinity for example) and the way CDProjekt RED implemented it was generall good.

17. d'arakh

I actually prefer variety in combat like this. RPG games have a tendency to focus on multiple combat styles equally (long sword, sword and shield, magic, archery etc.) and they're all usable, but I feel like just a little more attention to how combat actually works (like Witcher 1) is really cool.

18. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

You do understand that there are more games that classify as an RPG than what would be reasonable to list on one sight right?

19. d'arakh

So English is my second language and I'm really having trouble understanding what you're trying to say. Are you saying there are more interesting game than Witcher? Sure, absolutely, I agree, but Witcher 3 is considered one of the best games last year. Surely there should be a board for that series, I'm sure it can generate a lot discussion than some sections here which are deserted and filled with games no one plays anymore.

20. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I have played Witcher 1 and 2 and is now plowing my way through 3. Maybe people seem to love the romance scenes in this. I tend to wish there wasn't any since the game is great without it. Am I the only one that thinks this?