Why inject WoW in to wildstar?

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by blackstone, Aug 7, 2013.

1. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

Why inject WoW in to wildstar? What advantage in it?

2. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

I don't think WOW has been injected into the game, they have a lot of differences and features. Sure, some of the settings may seem the same but the characters available and quests are a lot different.

3. Thordar

Thordar Active Member

4. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

What features exactly do you consider "WOW injections"?
    I find the games very different, maybe you mean the cartoonish graphics?
    There are certain gameplay aspects that are similar but those are a constant throughout all the MMO's, it would be like complaining that a fighting game has punches and kicks.

Ananda likes this.
  5. Brad

Brad Member
    Regular

I do agree that the graphics aspect has but nothing else.
    Like when you travel around Wildstar you can see some differences its like Dota and LoL they both are pretty much the same game but many features define which is which.

6. Kryo

Kryo Member

I think the main problem is, just like The Simpsons. WoW did it first and was successful doing it. What worked in WoW many others have always tried to replicate. It seems the main downfall of WoW was the eventual switch from Hardcore content to Noob friendly content.
    If Wildstar mixes these together and finds good common ground it will do well.

7. Oakster

Well WoW didn't really do it first, most of the features are taken from other previous games, they just agglomerated most into the same game for the first time.
    As for the difficulty, I totally agree, nowadays every content patch Blizzard puts out gets cleared by guilds within a couple of days.

thisnthat likes this.
  8. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Graphics in the styling of Wildstar, And WoW, have been done long before either MMO came about, although it was used mostly for console games, since the cartoony thing doesn't really work unless you're an korean MMO. Wildstar, from what I have played of it anyway, doesn't have anything in common with WoW except being an MMO with cartoony graphics, except Wildstar has a reason for its cartoon graphics, WoW should have been a hyper realistic graphical game but isn't.

9. Oakster

What do you mean by "Wildstar has a reason for its cartoon graphics"?
    Also, can you give us your impressions on the game? :)

10. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played this game, but it sounds like the devs wanted to go a similar approach and give the players that are tired of WoW to try something different that they could just jump right in and feel like home.

11. courageoflions

courageoflions Well-Known Member

Based on my understanding, they're just borrowing some conventional MMO elements, not necessarily injecting WoW.

12. Lokitns

Lokitns Member

Most MMO's adopt WoWs questing architect and a few other things. But the aimed spells, and other things make me think way more like GW2 than WoW.

13. Lodismel

Lodismel Well-Known Member

If you take a closer look at Wildstar there are actually quite a few things that are different than WoW. It is true that most MMOs tend to have that same base architecture though. I'm hoping that it will have enough extra things to make it worth my time.

14. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

WoW "borrowed" from other games, and other games borrowed from WoW. All games do it. There are some elements that are bound to be the same in any similar game.

Some of the devs were originally from WoW as well, so it's not surprising to see at least some similarities.

I don't think it can be called a WoW clone. I don really see too many "injections" of it in Wildstar. Even the combat is different.

15. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

I kind of liked Wow back in the day, so when I got Wildstar I definitely expected to love it. I played the game for about two hours and I just decided to stop.

I feel like the developers had expectations that a new mmo could never meet. They over hyped the game which in the end made things even worse.

16. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I actually think WoW is the best mmo that I have ever played. In the other, Wildstar is nothing like WoW. The developers did a really bad job on this one.

Ruse likes this.
  17. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

WoW is definitely one the best mmo that ever graced us. So I'm baffled why people are comparing it to wildstar, which is the worst mmo that was ever made imo.

18. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have played WoW and a a really huge fun. But I haven't played Wildstar and that is because I have only read bad review about the game.

19. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

So many people seem to dislike the game