Why do you think League of Legends has become so popular?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hahahaha... You're so mean! Don't treat them like that! :p

Well... Let's hope better days come to the community. I think this is the best thing we can do. :rolleyes:

Working Buck likes this.
  2. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I did him a favor for blocking him instead of me talking back LOL! I don't want the kid to jump from a cliff just because of a game haha!

3. Shine_Spirit

Regular

You acted well. :) But just thinking that some kids can actually get to that point just because of a game is pretty scary! :eek: Some situations may be more complicated than we can imagine.

Working Buck likes this.
  4. Working Buck

Regular

I was actually LMAO while reading what the kid wanted to say LOL! Just because of a game he sent me messages like he would f*** me up while my mom watches LOL! Kids nowadays are stupid and funny.

5. Shine_Spirit

Regular

The majority of children today have no limits because the parents themselves don't impose this on them. They grow up thinking they can do whatever they want and when they want.

I hate those kind of parents. :mad:

6. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with you on this, nowadays parents are way too lenient when dealing with their children, and i have seen such behavior in almost every game but it seems to be far more serious in LOL.

7. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I think unfortunately this is like a "virus" virtually impossible to control. It will probably take years for education to become paramount for parents in relation to their children (I mean ... if education is to evolve on the positive side :oops:).

8. Working Buck

Regular

I totally agree with all of you, well I wasn't a good kid back then but I never talked to people I do not know that I would f*** them up good LOL! Bad parenting plus bad people in communities plus videos on youtube about how to talk s*** to people is equal to children feeling almighty and powerful online.

9. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

These are good reasons for why it gained popularity, Unfortunately they seem to be some of the same reasons that the community is so bad. Kids flock to free games (and apparently it's mostly kids whose parents don't pay attention to what they are doing). This is one of the main reasons that I preferred to play a sub based game. While you will still find jerks, people are less likely to risk a ban if they have invested money into playing.

10. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Unfortunately this is a very bad aspect of the internet because many people find themselves superior to others in every way just because they actually hide through a invisible "barrier".

Working Buck likes this.
  11. Working Buck

Regular

True! There are a lot of kids acting tough online, I remember one time I played with someone on League and kept on bullying me though I wasn't doing bad plays. At the end of the game, I added him and asked him for his Facebook account and exact address so I can pay him a visit just to see how tough he is for real. He just blocked me. I do not bully people online since I do not want to be bullied and I do get really serious when someone does such things to me.

12. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Most of these people / trolls are cowards and would never face a person face to face. Their strength / courage comes from "anonymity". They are real idiots, which makes things even worse because children grow up with bad values. :mad:

Working Buck likes this.
  13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, unfortunately the community is toxic in MOBAs. I don't think paying for the game would make a difference either, look at CS:GO where the playerbase is also extremely toxic. There's nothing they can really do about it.

14. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm. Perhaps paying a sub wouldn't make a difference. There are certainly some trolls, cheaters, etc. in WoW despite the sub fee. It just seems like some of these other games get out of hand.

Well, they could do something about it, but that would take manpower and ultimately cost money. So, I see it as a matter of they won't, rather than they can't.

15. andreea.lifestyle99

Regular

I think they have invested a large amount of cash to promote it. Some people like it, some people don't as always. It's pretty simple

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

As long as the mute option is in the game I'm not too fussed about toxicity, although I would love to be able to communicate better with my teammates. I hope they don't implement voice chat anytime soon, that would be annoying.

17. Shine_Spirit

Regular

But in this case, I think that success was not just a marketing strategy on the part of the companies... The fans were an essential part of that.

18. Lewis Ngata

Lewis Ngata Active Member
    Regular

The most obvious reason for people to be hyped about the game is that it's great. Nothing beats that. To add to this, I would say it is relatively new in the market and has added to the already vast pool of amazing features for RPGs everywhere. IAt this stage, it is hard for a game to get noticed for its features. The Game developers for LOL really put their minds together to come up with new features that honestly, impress me. Marketing strategies, as many of you guys have said, also contribute to the game's popularity. Actually, marketing is the second factor that contributes to sales and affects any business. League of Legends is no exception to the rule.

19. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

To some level I would say you are right. The fact is some persons are actually mean or cruel and unpredictable in their actions undermining that they may appear anonymous at first.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is probably a mix of a lot of different factors, but when you get down to it the game needs to be good to sustain any kind of momentum, so that is always number one. Sprinkle in some good marketing, timing and of course luck, and there you have it.