Why do you think League of Legends has become so popular?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly, I see no reason for it. Don't get me wrong because I agree that the game is kinda cool and interesting, but that's all. I can't understand why the hype is so high for this game. :eek:

What would be your explanation?

2. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

I don't know, maybe the teamwork and the heroes are cool. To be honest I played the game for 2 or 3 years, and I can't tell you know why it got my interest. Probably the constant struggle to get better at farming and all, and then team fights. I quit it though, because of the community. The game itself maybe is fine but the community is awful and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore.

3. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well the hype is just what we see, it got hyped because of the sponsors. If the game won't be hyped, chances are sponsors would pull out which would mean fewer to none of the tournaments, until the fan base dies. Actually, a lot of people hate the community but when it comes to events like big tournaments, even these haters come and watch what happens in the tournaments.

4. Shine_Spirit

Regular

@FergusMacLeod @Working Buck Recently, a friend of mine got addicted to League of Legends and he only talks about this game all the time when we talk about games in general. It's kinda boring sometimes. o_O

Working Buck likes this.
  5. clair02

clair02 Active Member
    Regular

I can totally understand the appeal. Yes the League of Legends game is a little overrated, but it's still a great game with a lot of loyal fans.

6. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I'm impressed by how many fans this game (millions around the world) has and in what the game has become. The game spread like a virus. o_O

Impressive! :confused:

7. Working Buck

Regular

I was the same when I first started playing the game. But now, I just talk about it to people who also play the game. I don't want to be a nuisance to anyone LOL!

8. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I honestly can't understand all the success. I've talked to many people addicted in this game, but none of them gave me a plausible explanation... All are normal reasons, but none to make the game a phenomenon. :confused:

9. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

First we all know the game is quite interesting and looks cool. I do think the hype may just be a multiplying effect arising from positive reviews and views about from subscribers and others. The sponsors may also be working behind the scene to hype their production.

10. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I'm completely convinced of this. The sponsors / producers have practically all the marketing actions planned in advance (and those that haven't yet been planned are based on the public reception).

11. Working Buck

Regular

Well it wouldn't be successful unless it made a lot of noise. I mean, it all started with a lot of hype. A few tried the game until the network of players became quite large, then riot might have made good advertising until the game became big like what we see now. A lot of good games aren't being played and given a lot of hype, while a ton of bad games are out there being played by a lot of people just because they spent a ton of money on advertisements.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

For the game to make huge success there has to be plans to publicize it. This could be by adverts and good reviews from persons that have played the game. It gained the huge popularity because it must have meant the idea of many about a good game.

13. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I kinda agree with you... Much of the success ends up happening because of the noise that the game can make (it's from it that a whole marketing strategy can be launched, for example). But the problem is that sometimes people make the noise at the wrong time. LoL is not such a good game. :rolleyes:

14. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

The fact is when there is so much talk or noise about a game most of the time, as seen in League of Legends, it's as a result of the good works done on it. Many persons become curios and would go for the game simply because of much awareness.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just like anything else that becomes popular so to say I think that it just did a good job of capturing the attention of the players. I know that visually I enjoyed it a lot, and that lead to more playing for me.

16. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's another point a game need be very visual to appeal more to the sense of players and viewers. The characters should be gorgeous. What attracted me first to many of the games I'm used to their visual power and presentation of the characters.

17. Shine_Spirit

Regular

Yeah, you have a good point. However, my problem it's just because I think all this hype is not justifiable because the game doesn't match with that. :confused:

18. DavidLee

DavidLee Member
    Regular

Pause the comments a minute! You guys think the game might be overrated? No. This game is Lit! Try cosplay Victor -he's just a robotic god. Maybe the many female cosplay characters in LoL is the reason you guys are backing-off..maybe! I can't find a good reason not to give LoL the credits

19. Working Buck

Regular

Well I do love playing the game and kinda hate the community. About not being a good game, well I think there are some games that other people like, and if you were saying it isn't good enough with what publicity it has then I would have to agree. It's just like any other game that has been hyped and now gone. Maybe LOL is just hyped now but once there is a new game that is kind of similar to LOL and DoTA that has real potential, it might also have the same publicity these two games have.

20. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I think the community is the worst part. :confused: Honestly, I think I've never seen such a bad community. It's extremely annoying / boring.

Oh, Gosh... o_O