Why do you pass out on Chase?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by VanillaToshi, Sep 14, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

There's a thread with a discussion about this but it's off topic from what it was originally about I think and i'd like to see what everyone thinks about it.

What causes you to pass out on the mission Chase and why?

I've seen someone people say it's the ghost of the dark one stopping you so that the anomaly doesn't kill you but I disagree because if you payed attention you'd realise the trolley never stops moving. :derp:

Passing through the ghost of the dark one may be why but I doubt it since you should die from that.

Thoughts?

Also to that guy who said it's the not the dark ones attacking Exhibition but the Nosalises, you're wrong. Otherwise all of the patients in the hospital wouldn't be victims of the dark ones and the inhabitants of the station wouldn't be complaining about the dark ones instead of Nosalises. If the dark ones were sending Nosalises into exhibition then that wouldn't make sense since they want to help humanity so they would try and contact them themselves.:tsk:

2. Dinox Treaty

Dinox Treaty Member

I read the book a few weeks ago, it's the souls in the pipes Artyom is a bit special so he isn't affected. In the game i got no idea.

3. VanillaToshi

Yeah I've been re-reading the book to find out but It's different in the game. Also i'm pretty sure at some point in the book someone proves the souls in the pipes theory wrong. Maybe one of the hookah smokers?

4. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

i always thought it was the dark one trying to tell your something or you seeing the future idk never got it

5. VanillaToshi

I suppose the ghost of the Dark One could be the cause of passing out since the dark ones aren't normal mutants. But somehow I doubt that'd make a difference.
    Also I don't think the vision is caused by the dark one though, I think that's Hunter trying to contact you like he does in the book.

I've decided it's not the dark ones ghost either since there's a considerable delay from when you pass through it to when you pass out.

This has really stumped me, it probably was the anomaly.

#5 VanillaToshi, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
  6. Everyone took a nap, it was rude not to follow suit.

I suppose that should work if you don't see a clear explanation in the game.

7. VanillaToshi

Do you see a clear explanation in the game?

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

My guesses are that it's the anomaly. The supremeness of electricity and/or power overloads the brain, causing it to shut down?

9. [​IMG]

Caravan master at Riga, Boris, talks about the Anomaly as well.

#9 Komodo Saurian, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  10. VanillaToshi

I thought about that but dismissed it since you encounter it plenty of times later on and it doesn't affect you like this. I'm guessing it's because you're moving along on the handcart.

11. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

If I remeber the Mission right, if you look around with your torch you can see 'ghosts' infront of you, I always thought that was the Reason

12. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

In the book, it was the pipes. Let's all just say it was the pipes, and f*ck what anyone else thinks.

13. TheJollyRedRanger

TheJollyRedRanger Well-Known Member

Seenging paipesz