Who's Getting Metro Redux

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Rivitur, Mar 30, 2014.

1. To be honest it's a deal for new console owners.

If PS4 or XBOX ONE was my first console and I didn't own a decent PC I'd probably be interested in this re-release. Too bad it doesn't really have any new content.

#21 Komodo Saurian, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

Doesn't that pretty much translate to the obvious upgrade from PS3 and 360 to PS4 and X1? I can't imagine the PC version looking much different, if at all.

This sounds worse than Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. At least Square Enix are only offering it on PS4 and X1, rather than trying to milk more money out of PC customers without any real visual benefit.

#22 Frag Maniac, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  3. M2033 remake and Ranger Pack, M:LL + Ranger Pack + DLC for the price of one game (Most likely).

I think it's a decent enough deal.

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I don't think it's intended to be for existing fans of the series, it's a good deal for those looking to try it out, especially if you have a next-gen console.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Oh... I thought it was PC as well. :eek:hwell: No point in getting that then as that would be just wasting money completely; neither me nor any of my relatives own the new consoles. Still, it's a good entry point into the franchise for those who haven't played either of the games before.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME AN ASIAN!

---

Anyway, after begging on my knees, Harley Quinn gave Aaron and I some limited administrator powers, thus I was able to change the color of my name, even though it doesn't change any of my moderating limitations :p
    I just like the little yellow men. I mean name. ;)

7. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Well this got weird :D

OtherAaron is now Skaaras Senpai confirmed

8. Well, it is for PC as far as we can tell, but I assume pre-owners will just get a patch. And pretty much everyone on these forums already owns M2033.

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

What's a Senpai?

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

No u

No idea they say it alot in Persona 3

11. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Let me google that for you.

For the lazy: It's a Japanese honorific, often used to address a mentor or sometimes an upperclassman. Similar to "Sensei," with Sensei almost exclusively used to refer to mentors and being more formal.

"I hope Senpai notices me" is a popular internet meme based off of the commonly somewhat exploitative plots of many anime and manga, usually involving a character desiring the unrequited attention or affection of someone above them.
    [​IMG]
    ...Man, we get off topic easily.

12. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

For a while there, I thought that this was the "count to 10,000" thread. :rolleyes:

13. Redux is supposed to come out on the 28th of August. 4A claims "a lot of work" was done to improve M2033, however they cannot say anything specific without Deep Silver approving it for public first.

14. Rivitur

Rivitur Member

#34 Rivitur, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I hope there will be something for people who already have both games on PC... a free patch for the M2033 improvements? I know only CD Projekt does stuff like that, but that would be awesome. Unlikely though, considering the fact that 4A have to answer to Deep Silver.

16. It's a separate game. I would assume that Deep Silver would do something similar to latest Deus Ex, a Director's Cut edition was available for about 3$ for people who owned an original version. It does not depend on 4A.

17. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't really get all teh hype around this so-called "remastered" version. Bah.

18. Metro 2033 with Last Light graphics. Last Light with Metro 2033 gameplay mechanics.

Best of both worlds, that's exactly what everyone wanted.

19. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

So Metro 2033 is just going to have upgraded graphics right? I hope nothing else changed but graphics to be honest.

20. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

LL with Metro 2033 mechanics? Wut?